Got a letter “inviting” me to my Judicial hearing- should I go?

by hoggieman 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Don't go. Don't play by their rules. You've already moved on with your life, don't give them the satisfaction of being an influence to you now. Send them a Lawyer letter as mentioned above to have them put a lid on it. But it's a done deal, you'll be DF'd inabstentia (is that the right term?).

Welcome to the rest of your life without the cult breathing down your neck.

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

Just reading this thread makes me feel like I'm living in some altered universe. Potential heartache, lawyers fees, and family discord over a pumpkin and fall displays? It is insanity that they do not see the pettiness of their actions. Today on the news an American tourist was stabbed to death in Israel and at least 28 people, including 13 children, were killed in Mexico from an oil explosion believed to be caused by theives stealing oil. But yet, in their view, their God is so concerned that someone has pumpkins on their porch, that they are going to banish him over it. OMG, how can they be so blind?

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

WalkTall - It's true. Because jay dubs represent Jehovah in every way and must refrain from seeming "worldly". It's sad!

If you don't want to be in the cult any more...just write them a letter stating that you joined under duress and that you have since come to realize that you made a mistake and you are now seeking counseling for the damage that was caused to you by the religion and you will have the bills forwarded to the nearest KH for payment ;)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What's a lawyer charge to take a letter you've drafted for him/her and print it on his/her letterhead and sign it?

• sherah
    sherah
    What's a lawyer charge to take a letter you've drafted for him/her and print it on his/her letterhead and sign it?

A couple hundred dollars, depends on the caliber of attorney.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I got out of being df'ed by denying I was ever baptized. I did it as a laugh but you know what, it worked, it pissed them OFF too which was a plus!

I mean they were FURIOUS calling everyone in the world trying to get two witnesses that I was baptized, but if you didn't get baptized locally it's hard to really prove. I mean you didn't sign anything when you got dipped! Plus who really remembers after 10 or 15 years?

• cattails
    cattails

DocBob's letter is awesome!

Thanks for posting the link DocBob!

http://www.docbob.org/wordpress/?p=22

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Go out with a bang! Add insult to injury by sending them Xmas cards :)

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Got a letter “inviting” me to my Judicial hearing- should I go?

"Dear Brother Jones,

"We are hereby inviting you to attend your own trial and execution. We hope that Tuesday, the 17th at 8:00 pm will be convenient.

"Yours in Jehovah's Service,

"your Local Nazis"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• hoggieman
    hoggieman

Thanks everyone for your comments. I don’t post much, but when I do I always get lots good feedback…so thank you for that. Today my wife got the same wonderful invitation, so looks like they want to make it a party. We decided if we did go we would bring our 3 kids under the age of 6, our dog, drag in our xmas tree, and a 36 pack of Coors light!! Though, seriously…. I am going to go the letter threatening legal action route….i don’t think I have time to mail it, so I will probably hand deliver the letter on the meeting date and just leave. That way they will still need to go to the hearing and take up their evening.

I am almost leaning in the I don’t care route all together…but it just seems with all they have put us through, I don’t want to make it easy for them and just roll over, so I want to do something to make their life difficult. I am going to call out the one elder who I know has knowledge of several others celebrating holidays, people who have taken blood, etc. and not done crap.

Walk Tall: I cant agree more..that is all I have been thinking in this whole process with not only these elders but my family. Our “come out” party was my daughters birthday last year. It is just mind boggling that so much time is wasted and families torn apart about the most petty BS ever. This kind of stuff is what cemented my decision in the early stages that this religion is a total lie.

Mkr32208: that sounds really funny about denying your baptism. I was thinking of saying something similar since I was baptized at 16 and still a minor, and basically forced to do it when I had no clue what the religion was about….but that may muddy up the point of the letter.

Awakend at Gilead: I do actually have some leftover Christmas cards! Hmm….

Thanks again for all your input.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit