40% of Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

by leavingwt 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Can this figure of 8% of JWs be correct?

First, why would they poll JWs as a separate group?

Second, why would 8% of JWs tell a pollster they believe in evolution when WTS doctrine is completely the opposite?

Are 8% of JWs apostates on this issue and willing to tell a pollster about it?

• unshackled
    unshackled

"If the city of New York were suddenly replaced by a ball of fire, some significant percentage of the American population would see...the return of Christ...

According to the most common interpretation of biblical prophecy, Jesus will return only after things have gone horribly awry. Imagine the consequences if any significant component of the U.S. government believed that the world was about to end and that its ending would be glorious. The fact that nearly half of the American population apparently believes this should be considered a moral and intellectual emergency."

– Sam Harris

• leavingwt
  • designs
    designs

A group of Paleontologists visited the Creation Museum in Petersburg Kentucky and were brought to tears and laughter. Paleontologist Lisa Park, who is also a Presbyterian elder, remarked- 'I think it is very bad science and worse theology'.

T-Rex is displayed as a vegetarian creature that only became a meat eater after Adan and Eve ate the apple.

Professor of anatomy at Howard University, and a Christian, lamented- 'This bothers me as a scientist and as a Christian, because it is as much a distortion of Christianity as it is science'.

• barry
    barry

The YEC [young earth creationists ] are a dying breed they don't usually promote the idear of a 6000 year history of the earth. They promote the creation story all the same and when I was an SDA they used to visit and take the main weekly sermon and they also visited lother churches too.

The problem with the SDAs is they promote creation and teach evolution in their Universitys so there is quite a bit of distrust between the church and its institutions.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

I've generally gone to churches that are "evangelical" types, but I'd say that most of the people who go to those churches either accept the possibility that God could have used evolution as a tool for creation or definitely believe that it was his means of creation. Most of the people who don't are typically older. Either way, they don't get too upset if someone dares to disagree. They may give you that, "Oh, that poor idiot" look, but the feeling is probably mutual. ;)

My JW boyfriend says that he thinks it's a possibility evolution was the tool, but God actually expressly created Adam. So he doesn't follow that staunch creationism thought, either. There's hope for him yet! Just don't alert the elders...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I hate to disagree with you that believe in a strict idea of evelution, but the sexes, blows up the evelution idea. Male a female would have to grow sex organs and total reproductive gear that work perfectly in just 1 generation or the whole species would crash. Sorry but evolution doesnt work as the way thing were created.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Male a female would have to grow sex organs and total reproductive gear that work perfectly in just 1 generation or the whole species would crash.

No questions, no engagement with the details of the debate, no facts offered just a flat assertion and an argument from ignorance. Do some research, anisogamy would be a good place to start.

And install a spell-checker.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Maybe your should do some research, theres no evidence of species getting there reproductive organs messed up then dying then starting anew, weres the fossils? Also explain how a none seeing animal with a pee sized brain can then develop eyes and see when it had no concept of light waves or anything related before hand?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Apt moniker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit