Facebook makes people you don't see very often more real

by sabastious 18 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

There are things you want to do before you die, FB allowed me to do something I thought was never going to happen.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Sab- I agree! FB has let me connect with and get to know people I otherwise would never have been able to.

• Broken Promises
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

The finger- what did you do on FB that was on your bucket list? I'm curious.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I love FB. Found people and old lovers I forgot about.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I so agree!! Love Face book.

I reconnect with friends as far back as Jr High and family members I never get to visit.

To me the best thing is all the pictures/videos, I get to see my cousins/friends... babies from the time they come into the to the world to the first tooth and first word!! It's something we would have never had just 10 years ago :)

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

"If they replace real interaction with you, with virtual interaction, how good of a friend are they really? Real friends will still be just as committed to you regardless of facebook. "

Yes, so true, mr. freeze.

OK, i'm the only one with any negative comment about FB. I'll admit i'm outnumbered! LOL. I'll also admit, i was feeling cranky today, maybe i'll like it more tomorrow....

• dissed
    dissed

I wanted to intereact with ex-JW's in a more social way. Its been a good step away from here for me. Besides, its a blast to talk shop with the ex-JW's and not worry about offending those still in.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Took that to heart, did ya JDW?

Yup.

JDW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit