Damn! how hard can it be to lose 8 pounds??!!!

by Newborn 22 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Damn!..

How hard can it be to lose 8 LBS??!!!..

Beheading Headsman with Axe Royalty Free Stock Photo........................... ...OUTLAW

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Add a little more weight training to your cardio routine... with that you increase muscle making you more proficient at your cardio and thus burning more fat!!

But make sure you are getting all the nutrition you need to do it too! Don't cut down to much but enough that helps you gain your energy level fit to your daily life style!!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Cut out empty calories! Keep track of what you put in your mouth and evaluate it... make the changes nessary and research meals or healthy snacks to replace those empty calorie foods!!

Chocolate is ok... just replace it with the dark chocolate and make it a small treat... or reward!

I use to "cheat" and still lose weight but that was because most the time I ate healthy... I'm sure you do that too! But keep criticing it and you will lose those 8 pounds in no time!!

• Newborn
    Newborn

thanks everyone for your support and ideas

Outlaw, not sure abt that pic? hmmm

• White Dove
    White Dove

I have no idea how much I weigh nor how many calories I eat through out the day, but I did buy Step Ups by Sketchers and wear them at work every day.

I look amazingly better than I did a year ago, and those clothes are now my fat clothes.

Had to go shopping due to baggy pants.

Yes, eating 6 times a day (not processed crap!), those shoes, and a hobby that keeps my mind busy and off stressful things have seemed to do the trick for me.

You might try building your dinners around a meat, veggies, and brown rice.

It's a lifestyle adjustment. Forget counting calories or you'll lose interest (been there; done that).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Get a liver cleanse--you might be surprised how much that will help. A colon cleanse (products that are on the market) might be a good first step before the liver cleanse, just so the gunk has a clear path out.

Once your liver is unclogged, it might be that much easier to burn off fat. At the very least, you will probably feel better once this is done, and that lends itself to exercise. And, whatever weight you do lose will be easier to keep off than weight lost with diet. You should research on your own computer search engine to determine which cleanses are best for your situation, and decide which is the best tradeoff between effectiveness, comfort (yes, you could get diarrhea and/or cramping while the poisons are being moved out of your system), cost, and general results. And, pay attention to whatever uncomfortable effects you should be looking for: Some discomfort is normal and merely means the cleanse is working; it will stop once the cleanse is done, and you will be better off than before.

And, there are things that you can do to prevent the liver from getting clogged in the first place. Splenda and aspartame are both super-effective at messing up your liver (bonus: Aspartame is also super effective at ruining your brain). Limit or eliminate high fructose corn syrup or corn sugar (the new term for high fructose corn syrup). Use high quality butter instead of margarine, and coconut oil instead of processed vegetable or canola oils. Limit or eliminate medication that is not absolutely necessary--this goes especially for such drugs as Tylenol (if you must use a pain killer, aspirin or Advil might be better). I strongly advocate doing your own research on improving your liver health for additional suggestions.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good advice, all.

Here's a (((((((Newborn))))))) for encouragement.

Syl

• cofty
    cofty

Sorry I strongly with WTWizard, liver and colon "cleansing" are complete nonsense.

There is a lot of good advice in the thread already. It is as simple as "eat less - move more".

Reduce your calorie intake sensibly as somebody said above if you go too far your body will reduce its metabolic rate to prepare for starvation. If you can lose 1-2LBs per week you are doing really well. If that doesn't sound like much go and take a look at a pound of lard and imagine that being burned off every week. Some people boast large weight loss but this is almost always loss of water and glycogen rather than fat.

Weigh training is very effective for the long term, muscles are fat burning machines - more muscle = higher metabolic rate, in other words your body will burn lots more calories even when you are doing nothing. Don't worry about getting too much muscle definition as a woman it just it won't happen unless you go to extremes.

Cardio exercise needs to be either 60-70% of your max heart rate (approx 220 bpm minus your age) for 30-40 mins as you will be burning glycogen rather than fat for the first 10-15 minutes. It will take approx 11 sessions to burn 1Lb - ouch! Alternatively short sessions of very high intensity training like spinning has been shown to be effective and fat burning goes on for some time after your session. Just make sure you are otherwise fit to do this kind of exercise.

Good luck and stay away from fads and "diets" its about a realistic approach to food in the long term. (and leave your liver alone)

• Think About It
    Think About It

Have more sex.......that will help.

Think About It

• Newborn
    Newborn

I like your suggestion Think about it

however it's difficult when boyfriend lives 1600 kilometers away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit