"You wouldn't question the creator of all things, would you?"

by sabastious 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

My older brother has a 4 year old son. He has a wild imagination and is frequently freaked the hell out at night. So my JW brother naturally tells him that Jehovah will protect him.

When this statement doesn't appease the fearful child he will use a statement along the lines of "Do you question whether Jehovah can protect you?"

It's an interesting question because the Watchtower uses this reasoning with it's members as well. Of course Jehovah is synonymous with "faithful and discreet slave."

The WT treats it's members very much like children afraid of the dark. They give them a fake solution to their problems and then if it is questioned they guilt them into believing it.

-Sab

• Heaven
    Heaven

Your brother's line of reasoning has fail written all over it. Sooner or later "Jehovah" is going to fail this child and that's going to have some nasty repercussions. It may even lead this child into some dangerous situations that he might not otherwise go into if he believes a mythical being will always save him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ

• sabastious
    sabastious

Interesting point, Heaven.

When my son gets old enough to be afraid of the dark I will tell him the truth. That my wife and I are his immediate protectors. I want to secure that faith from him with my actions first, then when the fears start coming out of him I can pacify him with real encouragement. "They are gonna have to go through me first."

-Sab

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I hate that kind of reasoning. Jonah questioned Jehovah, and Abraham debated with and questioned Jehovah over Sodom.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Job questioned God, God being questioned is not a problem.

Sure we may not like the answers, but God is not above being questioned or even haggleing ( Like Abe tried to do over Soddom).

I question My Lord all the time, how are we to learn if we don't ask ??

As for the protection thing, I never ask My Lord to protect me or my family, but to watch over us and strength us when we need it.

To suggest that God protects us is to invite the question of why we suffer for the things we do to each other.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    To suggest that God protects us is to invite the question of why we suffer for the things we do to each other.

See! This is exactly why God doesn't allow questions.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    See! This is exactly why God doesn't allow questions.
    -Sab

LMAO !!

Only problem is that he does allow it.

Sucks to find out that we are responsible for our own actions.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When my son gets old enough to be afraid of the dark I will tell him the truth. That my wife and I are his immediate protectors.

This is far more real, believable, and executable than what your bro tells his son.

If I had kids no one would attempt to hurt them or they'd have this hellion to deal with!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If I had kids no one would attempt to hurt them or they'd have this hellion to deal with!

A hellion named Heaven, I like it.

Misdirect then pounce!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Only problem is that he does allow it.

Not if I can help it!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit