What is the WT's Motivation? Who Benefits?

by InterestedOne 56 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Why do police officers risk their life? Why do soldiers reinlist for another combat tour? Why did the new govenor of Florida spend 55 million dollars of his own money to get elected? Humans crave power at any cost, it seems.

• jay88
    jay88

It's tough to follow the money, with so much financial secrecy.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The voting members, the stockholders that attend the annual corporate meetings, do make money. However, i don't think that that is the motivation. I think it's as simon stated.

S

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear InterestedOne...

I think that the group, as misguided as they are, are motivated by a sincere desire to please Jehovah. because it does appear to be a works oriented "program" that they subscribe to...they probably think that they will benefit from their "sacrifice" of worldly pursuits in this service.

love michelle

• flipper
    flipper

What is the WT's motivation ? Power, control, and $$$$$$$$$$ through use of guilt & fear.

Who Benefits ? Governing Body, WT corporate attorneys & whomever controls the uppermost monetary assets of the WT society.

Why else would they each year in the fall keep putting out yearly articles encouraging JW members to donate trust funds, estates, inheritances, real estate assets, jewelry, and life insurance policies to the WT society ? It's underhanded, tacky, classless and shows great greed for an organization to do this who claims to be allegedly " non-profit ". I don't buy into their bull$hit. Somebody is making money, and it ain't me - or any rank & file members donating their life's savings to the WT society

• LV101
    LV101

so do you think money is funneled into accounts to whomever controls the WT through this nonprofit. i would assume they have independent accountants who review their books and records (IS THIS INFO AVAILABLE?) -- but maybe they're not as indendent as they should be since w/tower has free labor. i'd think the CPA's do real well like the corporate lawyers.

do they give the rank/file any kind of an accounting (seems some expenses to operate in foreign countries --- missionaries, whatever, but no substantial info provided as it's all secret) even one w/broad categories? do nonprofits required to have their books AUDITED by outside, independent, accountants? nonprofits obviously can remain SECRET -- this doesn't seem possible.

LV101

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Another thing my JW friend says to me when I question the WT is, "what would their motivation be?

It's a diversion.

It's not important.

What is important is the question you asked, because if he doesn't have a sensible answer for it you won't join his cult, and his religious leaders teach that their killer god will burn your arse at Armageddon and birds will eat your flesh. So, point that out to him and tell him to get on with it and stop trying to fob you off with silly questions

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Captives of a concept.

It is too painful to consider the possibility that it isn't God's Organization. That would require a level humility that most just can't stomach. It is easier to come up with excuses and continue on than it would be to close it down.

• flipper
    flipper

LV 101- That's just the point. The WT society doesn't FEEL they need to inform or give rank & file JW's access to ANY kind of an accounting into their financial dealings. Just as huge corporations , the elite, our government and many other entities don't inform people as they don't want the public made aware in case they are hiding something. But don't you think JW members should be informed about exactly WHERE all their donated money goes after donating houses, inheritances, retirements,& life insurance policies ? They deserve ACCESS to that information. But they won't get it

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Here is an example of the minimum I would hope to see in the WT if I were to donate any money:

http://www.intervarsity.org/about/our/financial-info

Not that I necessarily believe the doctrines of the above group, but at least they present -something- to the public showing their financial breakdown, auditing, and membership in an accountability group. I emailed this to my JW "teacher" asking if the WT provides similar information, but he didn't respond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit