What is the WT's Motivation? Who Benefits?

by InterestedOne 56 Replies latest jw friends

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne
    4) (For the higher ups) Lack of real monetary worry...Add to this a level of luxury not readily visible to the rank-and-file publisher. Rutherford's excesses are well-known, what with his depression-era Cadillacs, or Beth-Sairim - but even now, who among us really knows how the higher-ups live and travel? Want to visit Europe? I've never been, but I'm sure any one of them can appear at any Convention or visit any Branch they want, and it's a done deal. I doubt those at the helm sleep two-to-a-room in cramped dorm-style rooms - their living standards likely surpass 90% of the 7+ million members they represent.
    They proudly announce there are no salaries, true; but as any HR rep will tell you, "a salary is only one part of your Total Compensation."

This all makes sense so far, but... what about the lawyers and real-estate people? How do they fit into the picture?

• Curtains
    Curtains

basically they are focused on performance and success which imo is as motivationally potent as financial gain and related to it. And as ziddinia said there is a strong element of power and prestige that goes with this. The ministry and the meetings are geared towards acheiving and maintaining this. Everyone is made to believe that they benefit but those at the top benefit the most so it makes sense to defend their position whatever it takes.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I'm very sure that someone at the top is siphoning money into some secret accounts. It's gotta be that. And the GB members may not be the owners of those, but has anyone bothered to check on their sons and daughters? All churches on the face of the Earth have at least once laundered dirty money for someone else. They are the perfect cover for that kind of operation. The Wanktower Society may have came into beeing as an idea, but that was more than 100 years ago. Meanwhile, it became a financial mammoth. Someone is getting the big money, trust me!

• Newborn
    Newborn

Agrees with DagothUr

I believe some of them knows exactly what they're doing....

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Don't forget spiritual energy. Some of you may laugh at this, but that's how the spirit world works. There is nothing physical about it, and everything happens on an emotional/spiritual/mental plane. Anyone who knows anything about black magic knows that its all about siphoning off a person's spiritual and emotional energy at the higher level, which we are all connected to. The demons live off of this negative energy. It's the "invisible" people at the top of the pyramid, the GB's puppet masters, that are responsible for this. There is tremendous negative anti-christ energy that's generated, for example, every year at the Black Mass "Memorial", where they get 15+ million people to collectively reject the positive Christ energy. You know that rock group "Collective Soul"? Wonder where they got their name.....

The difference between the two energies is service-to-self and service-to-others.... sheep/goats.

~PS

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

@ProdigalSon, so you are saying there is an emotional/spiritual/mental reason why this group bothers to perpetuate itself. Interesting. Although I do get a creepy feeling from the WT, I tend to look for more physical motivations, like who is living off of it.

For example, who exactly is the "legal department?" Who gets paid from that? How about real estate? Who gets paid in the exchange process? I'm guessing the answer is related to what itsacult said about slurry sealing a big parking lot. Maybe like any other organization, the people who provide services to keep it operating are the ones who get paid. Perhaps the line is blurred between who is running the organization and who is getting paid to provide the various operating services, legal, real-estate, sealing the parking lot, etc. Does that make sense? I would like to see how their budget breaks down. I know the budget for the local cong is readily available, but I don't think the parent organizations provide a breakdown. I asked my "Bible study" conductor if this information was available, and he said, "what do you want, an invoice?" As if I was asking something unreasonable.

• badcompany
    badcompany

I'm not sure about the GB but I have been a consultant to one of the largest US "non" profit organizations. It was one of the greediest outfits I've worked with (and I've worked with most of the Fortune 50 companies). This "non" profit did not do anything unless there was substantial monetary gain. Money is easily shifted around. It was an eye opening experience. I would not be surprised if GB pockets were well lined.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

@badcompany, that's more what I was asking about. You were a "consultant," so you were making part of your living from the non-profit. I wonder how many "consultants" the WT has. I spent a year working for the well-known house-building nonprofit, HFH. It has a nice idea, and yes volunteers show up to help with the actual hammering nails, etc., but there are plenty of administrative people taking salaries & it's just a job for them. Does the WT make a clear statement that no-one takes a salary? Even if they can make this statement on paper (which I would like to see), how many "consultants" do they pay for their services?

• Giordano
    Giordano

What I've never understood and I'd welcome an explanation is this: While telling everyone (once again) that the end is coming they started buying up real estate in Brooklyn! Apart from real estate that served a purpose like housing the Bethel workers etc. Why weren't they plowing their money into better world wide communications ie. t.v., radio etc. to really get their message out?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I know at least one GB members has a $100k mercedes benz. Dude that got back from bethel told me. He insisted that it was a "gift."

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit