Cult...Cult...Cult...Cult!

by Cold Steel 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It seems that many people on this board get a certain amount of glee calling the Jehovah's Witness faith a "cult." Especially former Jehovah's Witnesses. And though it's true in a number of senses, we must be conscious of the fact that the early Christians were considered by nearly everyone in Roman and Jewish society as a cult. It's true that modern cults do strange things like cut off members from their families and friends and force them into a society in which they can be easily controlled, even to eating innutritious foods, but do the Jehovah's Witnesses really meet this criteria? If so, how? Do elders urge members to break off familial relations with non-member families?

If JWs are a cult, I'd like to hear how they qualify as such.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I've got a quick comment here.

Cults can be benign and they can be dangerous.

follow the BITE formula.

B - Behaviour Control

I - Information Control

T - Thought Control

E - Emotional Control

You'll see.

good luck

• Rank&FileGuy
    Rank&FileGuy

Read Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan. The book is about the authors experience with The Moonies (nothing to do with JW's). They employ all four major components of mind control: Behavior Control, Thought Control, Emotional Control, and Information Control. The book changed my life and helped me realize they qualify to be grouped as a high-control cult.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

same for me after reading steve hassan I know hands down they are a mind controling CULT! but you need to do your own research! It took me a while to admit it too

• jay88
    jay88

I think their is a distinct difference between the 'The Christ of the Apostles' and the 'Christ of Paul'.

The Christ of Paul is a cult.

The 'Christ of the Apostle' was still very much Jewish.

Unfortunately most people know the 'Christ of Paul', and it sucks that he makes of 50 of the NT.

Paul and Luke writings should not be considered as part of the bible.

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

Come on man. Do you really want me to spoonfeed you the information? Do your own research. You have never been a JW have you?

We must be conscious of the fact that the early Christians were considered by nearly everyone in Roman and Jewish society as a cult.

Yes, you’re correct that the JW’s are not the first cult ever. Good job noticing that. Christianity originally was a cult or sect of Judaism. And this “Christ” character in the Bible is a prototypical cult leader. Are you starting to learn anything yet about your own “faith”?

Didn't you post this same question about a month ago?

• sabastious
  • zarco
    zarco

The word cult can be defined in many ways. I usually define it as having strange beliefs or practices. Consider a short list of JW beliefs and practices and see what you think:

They sacrifice humans and their children due to the flawed blood doctrine

They shun people because of thought-crimes

The wickedly shun children who have the misfortune of getting baptized at a young age and then disfellowshipped at a young age - for many such ones they never get reinstated so their disfellowshipping turns into a life sentance. I personally know of several young ones DFed at ages between 13 and 18 who are serving a life time of shunning

They speak out against education

They do not get involved in making the community better

They do not help clean up the environment

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

How about that ALL JWs carry a suicide card in their wallet/purse!!! (no blood card)

That alone screams out CULT!!!

All because their leaders (GB) in NY tell them to let yourself or your children die if you/they ever need a life saving blood transfusion. So let's follow what a bunch of old men tell us, even if it means killing ourselves and our loved ones... but it's all ok, those men promise us an edenic utopia where these dead will rise again and we all will live happily ever after.

Murdering PIGS!

3M

• jam
    jam

Any organizaion that you can not walk away from without the fear

of physical or emotional harm is A cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit