The Tetragrammaton...And The Inserted Vowels

by titch 37 Replies latest jw friends

• DNCall
    DNCall

It was considered blasphemy, among the Jews, to utter the divine name when Jesus walked the earth. When Jesus was cited by them for blasphemy, it was because he called himself the "Son of God," not because he uttered the Divine Name. I have never found any hard evidence that Jesus ever uttered the Divine Name when he was on earth.

The 3rd and 2nd Century BCE Jews understood that their imperfections and misdeeds would attach to the Divine Name, violating its sanctity. Therefore, to this day, the Jewish people not only do not attempt to utter the Divine Name, they use devices such as "G-d" and "HaShem."

The Witnesses reject this reasoning and as a result, their admitted imperfections are closely associated with the name "Jehovah," thus violating any sanctity that name may have.

F.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It was considered blasphemy, among the Jews, to utter the divine name when Jesus walked the earth.

Yes, dear DNCall (peace to you!)... which consideration was due to TRADITION... and not LAW. How do we know? Because many used that name... before those who "decided" it was too sacred to utter made that "decision." Which "decision" became... tradition. And one of the things my Lord repeatedly tried to bring to the attention of the Jews was their tendency to overstep the Law... by means of their traditions.

When Jesus was cited by them for blasphemy, it was because he called himself the "Son of God," not because he uttered the Divine Name.

You are correct, dear one, but there is a reason for this: he never used that name or gave it to the Jews, in general. Why? Because (1) they weren't worthy of knowing it, not because they were imperfect humans but because of their lack of FAITH... IN God... by means of their lack of faith in the One who came IN that name, God's true name; and (2) they would have attempted to blaspheme that name... just as some do today, even some here. He did, however, utter and make that name known to those God GAVE to him, just as he stated:

"I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world."

The term "I have manifested" is, in Greek, "phaneroo", which means:

1) to makemanifest or visible orknown what has been hidden or unknown, to manifest, whether by words, or deeds, or in any other way

a) make actual and visible, realised

b) to make known by teaching

c) to become manifest, be made known

d) of a person

1) expose to view, make manifest, to show one's self, appear

e) to become known, to be plainly recognised, thoroughly understood

1)who and what one is

What you and so many others miss, dear one, is that he DIDN'T utter than name... to EVERYONE. And this is still the situation today.

I have never found any hard evidence that Jesus ever uttered the Divine Name when he was on earth.

That would be due to the false stylus of the scribes, dear DN. Because he literally quoted from Deuteronomy 6:4, 5 (recorded at Mark 12:29) and Isaiah 61:1 (recorded at Luke 4:17, 18), which verses DO state that name:

"Hear, O Israel, JaHVeH our God, JaHVeH is one! Love JaHVeH with your heart [i.e., man you are on the inside], soul, [i.e., life force], and strength [i.e., great abundance]." (Notice, there is no "shalt" - it was NOT a command!)

"The Spirit of the Lord JaHVeH is upon Me, Because JaHVeH has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

Both Greek renderings have him omitting the name and stating "LORD," which he wouldn't have done... for two (2) reasons: first, he would have quoted the scripture as it was; he was not a hypocrite and he chastised the scribes for THEIR omissions and additions in "quoting" scripture so he would have certainly held to that "rule" - otherwise, they would have certainly called him on it. Second, HE is "Lord" - not God:

"JaHVeH said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool."

He is the "Holy". God is the "MOST Holy". He is our Lord and King. JAH (God) is our Father and God. The rendering is stated so because of the "traditions" of men whose unfounded "fear" caused them to continue the "tradition." They exchanged the name of God for "LORD"... which was never something they were instructed to do. Someone put them "under" a different "law" than what Moses gave them... because Moses also made that name known to Israel. Unfortunately, due to their superstitions and traditions... they lost track and so use of that name for centuries. Which fear was one way the scribes, Pharisees, and corrupt priests were able to oppress the people: the people FORGOT who it was they were to call upon! When they called upon "JaHVeH" He always heard and turned their enemies and tribulations back. Now, when Christ came and for centuries before, they had no name to call upon!

So, my Lord came to bear witness to the truth, which truth included the truth about God's name; both what it IS... and that we MUST use it... in order to even say HIS (Christ's) name! You cannot say HIS name, without saying GOD's name. Which is WHY all who call upon HIS name... JAHESHUA, the One whom comes IN THE NAME OF... JAH... will be saved. (I do not say that they are the only ones, but only that all of them WILL be).

The 3rd and 2nd Century BCE Jews understood that their imperfections and misdeeds would attach to the Divine Name, violating its sanctity. Therefore, to this day, the Jewish people not only do not attempt to utter the Divine Name, they use devices such as "G-d" and "HaShem."

Which is TRUE; however, had they known the One who came IN that Divine Name... they would have known... and would know today... that such "imperfections" and "misdeeds" can be covered over... indeed, even blotted out... by the blood of that One. That the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, is slow to anger, merciful, and abundant in loving kindness. And, because ALL Israel WILL be saved, the eventually will know. Not because of THEIR love for him, however, but because of HIS for them. They will realize this love one day and as a result WILL say "Blessed is he that comes in the name of JAH."

The Witnesses reject this reasoning and as a result, their admitted imperfections are closely associated with the name "Jehovah," thus violating any sanctity that name may have.

Here, we agree - this is absolutely TRUE!! Which is why I try to tell folks that there is NO "Jehovah." The soiling of that name has reached clear up to the heavens and the Most Holy One of Israel would NEVER allow His Holy Name to be associated with the things they do... in the light AND in the dark! The same is for the name "Jesus." Both are names that God and Christ have allowed to stand... so as to absorb the reproach those names have wrought in the earth. But neither are true or accurate. The name of the True God, JAH of Armies (Veh)... and His Son and Christ, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... remain without reproach. Nothing "bad" has been done in those names. However, there are those who would reproach them... even call down evil ON them. Why they feel righteous in doing so is a mystery to me... other than their own... well, ignorance and, in some cases, even stupidity. Some just don't realize just how puny they really are.

Anyway, dear DNCall... thank you for the discussion and I hope what I've shared has helped to shed some light on this matter for you. If not, no worries - it was of benefit to someone, I have no doubt, and so long as there is ONE "someone," there was a benefit.

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• OBVES
    OBVES

This is a simple principle which is not well known by many people.

My native language is Polish and by taking vowels from words I can recreate the same words by pronouncing consonants that are left from these words .

wtorek , stolica , kabaret are in the Polish after taking vowels we get : wtrk,stlc,kbrt .

By uttering these consonants : wtrk,stlc,kbrt I can restore the full words !

It is the same principle in the Hebrew language and there might be some other languages.

YHWH . Y is like I and W like V.

YHWH when pronunciated individually give automatically missing sounds as it is the case with the Polish language .

YHWH is like YAHWEH ( iahveh ) it is written like Yahweh but it is pronounced in the Englicized way . It would sound strange in the English language if I told you how to pronounce the name .

Most Americans will pronunce my Polish name correctly so I recognize the way the prononouce my name so it is with God.

Yahweh that is pronounced by Americans is not fully correct yet accepted by God due to the nature of the English language.

When pronounicing YHWH we can hear also YaHVeH or YaHVaH which is Yehovah or Yahavah .

Here we see Yehovah . In German J is like Y . In the English which is linked to German J is like spoken like J ( another form of pronunciation ).

In my Polish native language God's name is Jahwe or Jehowa which is very close to the proper pronunciation of YHWH .

It is very interesting that my native language so closely relates to the Hebrew Tetragrammaton .

In the English language the two names that I gave above would sound strangely .They must be adjusted to the nature of the English language.

So we can wriet YAHWEH and pronunced like Americans do the same with Jehowah ( Jehovah ) .

And it happens that in the English language missing vowels are "a " and " e " which can relate to Adam and Eve ( A and E which are the first letters of first human beings ).

So, Jehovah's Witnesses carry God's name in acceptable way !

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Jahwe

Correct, dear OBVES (peace to you!). Pronounced "Yahveh". Spelled "Jah Veh"

or Jehowa

Incorrect, sorry.

in the English language missing vowels are "a " and " e "

Yes. Which is why the first spelling you stated ("Jahwe") is accurate... and the second ("Jehowa") is not.

But again, and as always, no one has to take my word for it. There is One who will tell it you himself. Because it is part of HIS name: Jah eShua.

Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• DNCall
    DNCall

Dear AGuest,

Your response was illuminating indeed. Thank you for your time and energies.

F.

• Praise YaHuWaH
    Praise YaHuWaH

For the seekers out there I submit: YHWH = Y(a)H(u)W(a)H pronounced YaHHHHH who aHHHHHH. There were and are Consonent Vowels that began the pronunciations of specifically 5 letters and never changed, A always began the H and U always Began the W. This is why YAH is the start and AH is the finish of it YAH UW AH because the H never changes! It is a lie that is perpetrated by those educated who know of these Consonent Vowels and do not tell others. Either that or the Governing Body is not lieing but are extremely uneducated in these truths or they refuse to tell the truth of it.

The letter J was invented and came to be approx. 500 years ago and also the name of our Father is a 7 lettered name as befitting and in keeping of all things that are Set Apart and Blessed and not a 6 lettered name as in the case with Shatan.

Hovah means "ruin" and "mischief" orignally and as told in Strongs COncordance #1942.

Why then therefore would the Society utilize JeHovah? Well for that you must go back into the Masonic Roots of those in charge and will find that that name is very masonically utilized.

YHWH is in fact the name and if you seek you will find the Y aH uW aH truth. Praise YAH! AhleleuYAH!!!!!!! (Praise YaHuWaH) A phrase supernaturally protected as a "key" to the truth IF your heart is one that truly is seeking pure truths from scripture and NOT from any church, man or religion...

Did not the society early on in the formation of the name JEHOVAHS WITNESSES public state and document in literature that IF they became aware of a more better way of knowing and saying His name they would embrace it? They do know the truth but they refuse to admit it.

BTW, JeSUS is from IeSus which is from Constantine zeus worship. HerodeSUS and others named their names after zeus and etc. It is a pagan name and NOT ONE TIME IN ANY ANCIENT SCROLLS did it say ANYTHING other than IHY in the ancient Greek scrolls P45 P46 and etc for YaHuW our Savior... some say YaHuWshua or YaHuWYasha but those endings describe him as "savior" or "salvation" but the name on earth was YaHuW until after he died when His Father gave Him the NAME above all other names as described in scripture, namely YAHUWAH His Fathers Name and the only name greater than all other names. No this does not prove a trinity or anything other than a Father gave His Son His Name much like any Jr. Sr. Relationship! I encourage you to check into this more by Googleing Praise YaHuWaH but remember not all websites/people who call upon that name are following His Sons words when He came and taught so be warned in your search... ...PRAISEYAHUWAH...

"The Mystery that has been hidden for ages and generations. Yet now it has been revealed to His Covenant Family". --ColossiYAns 1:26

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jehovah is not correct. YHWH is correct. I lived in NY where most Jews write "G-d" because God is not human. God is completely different from humans. To utter even the word "God" is a serious insult.

How do they explain the stuff in wikipedia? Everyone agrees YHWH is correct, not Jehovah. The very name is an embarassment.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

God is a concept by which we measure our pain. John Lennon

God is beyond all human description. I AM WHAT I AM reflects a God unwilling to be bound by a Name. Frankly, I don't think God cares what we call him. I hope He cares about larger issues, like love and salvation and a renewed creation. A rose is a rose by any other name. Gertrude Stein. Jehovah's Witnesses is such a petty take on God. God. Using He/She is incorrect because God cannot be a gender. He is not this very old, very stern and wrathful old man hanging out in heaven. He doesn't even look the way Michaelangelo portrayed the creation of Adam and Eve on the Sistine Chapel. It is a masterful rendition. He is powerful.

Witnesses focus on small, petty issues. My God has good taste. For instance, he would love Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and Handel. He could not have a favorite Beatle. He knows the sum was greater than the parts. He doesn't reside at Sinai or earth. For years I recited "Our Mother in Heaven" in order to break the mental image.

If the wikipedia editors can agree that Jehovah is wrong, what is it with the Society? Whether Armageddon comes or not is a much more important question. Suppose a human slips and uses the incorrect term "Jehovah"? YHWH will still love that human. My God doesn't care when Eve first experienced menstrual cramps as long as she was healthy and happy. It is sheer lunacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit