The Tetragrammaton...And The Inserted Vowels

by titch 37 Replies latest jw friends

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Hah! I told you factfinder - Ask and ye shall receive!

Man I should've placed some bets.

Are you in the right place at the right time or what?!!

To think - the only way anyone could possibly know the correct pronounciation of God is to 1) Become a JW then 2) Become a former JW 3) then come to this specialized interenet board (hopefully you speak english). Now that is one amazing way that God reveals his name.

• Black Sheep
  • sabastious
    sabastious

It's ironic that JWs put so much weight in preaching the "true" name of God... when the actual "true" name is unknown meaning that "Jehovah" is an incorrect way to say the divine name.

God allowed for this to happen therefore there is no reason to think that he wants it "restored."

-Sab

• tec
    tec
    To think - the only way anyone could possibly know the correct pronounciation of God is to 1) Become a JW then 2) Become a former JW 3) then come to this specialized interenet board (hopefully you speak english). Now that is one amazing way that God reveals his name.

Or you could ask Christ, or God, for yourself.

I think a point that gets overlooked here is that Shelby used Jehovah before she knew to do otherwise. But she was answered when using Jehovah. She is simply sharing now what she was told.

Tammy

• factfinder
    factfinder

just n from bethel- thank you!

AGuest- peace to you too! and thank you! Interesting thought-that Jah is God's name and not a shortened form of Jehovah. I just wish to mention that in Hebrew the J is pronounced as Y ( as in Norwegian and Swedish!)

Sab- Why do you think God did allow the true pronunciation of his name to be lost?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Jehovah is correct and all variations of that name in the different languages of man are also correct.

JDW

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Or you could ask Christ, or God, for yourself.

Did that - more than you could ever imagine, with as much sincerity as anyone on this board has ever done.

Answer everytime was twofold:

1) First and foremost - silence/nothing/

2) a persistent and nagging voice that told me that anyone who continued to ask the void the same thing over and over, hoping to hear what he had been predisposed to believe from his religous/cultural background would eventually hear what he wanted to hear. By that time it would be too late. He would never believe that a mental chemical imbalance that gave him the answers his subconscious mind projected, was just that - a hallucination. One that likely a person could get treatment for, but he or she never would.

PS - don't bother telling me that I didn't do it right or enough or some other bs - makes you sound worse than a JW.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Just n from bethel, you Sir are a star!! .... Whenever I see your stumpy 3 eyed avatar on a post i just know it will speak my mind and with eloquence and wit to boot. Thankyou and long may you continue in your unrelenting battle against the pityless nonsense of the dark side!

Peace to you brother (lol) ...and more power to your elbow.

Cheers

• wobble
    wobble

Almighty God, the Supreme Being, the one and only God, does not need a name.

We mere humans do, there are circa 7 Billion of us, and it helps to know who is being spoken about.The names for flora and fauna help in the same way.

God, if He existed would need no identifying "name".

I believe that when He says in Exodus "By my name .....etc" he is talking about what that name meant.

To use a name for God as JW's do is to miss the import of scripture, and has become, as Agonus rightly said, a form of idolatry,and was only encouraged first of all by Russell and then by Rutherford, who took the name Jehovah's Witnesses from a piece of scripture that applies only to natural Israel, as a way of making their silly little sect different.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

You ought to google all the mispellings of Jehovah and see how many times the WT have used deliberate mispellings on their contracts and documents!!!! They have been posted here before. I am sure there are some that are undiscovered as yet. It's a little legal trick to do that and they do it with full knowledge of their dishonesty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit