Best way to talk to a JW about the Generation Changes

by wifeofjw 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifeofjw
    wifeofjw

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to get your advice on how to talk with my husband about the generation changes. We have started talking about how it a little. I would like to show him the changes using the JW publications. Note I have some of the bound volumes that I can use and of course his WT library CD.

What do you suggest?

I remain the "wifeofjw" for now.

• The Finger
    The Finger

This is how it was taught when I was young and making decisions that affected the rest of my life as many others did.

The 1974 Awake of April 8th shows how certain they were.

Under the subheading "Why Certain" Page 17

"Now we have reached the time when God will take action to bring about the full realization of all his grand promises"

"The Bible shows that this generation consists of those who were living in 1914"

Under the subheading "Coming Soon" Page 18

"When will it come?" Before the lifetime of the '1914 generation' runs out."

"How do we know that? Because this point was specifically mentioned by Jesus Christ as part of his prophecy for our times."

"The '1914 generation' has nearly run out, with most of the people who were alive then having already died. The remainder are of advanced age."

This was at a time when they also taught 1975 as being the end of 6000 years of the 7th creative day along with a thousand years being as one day to Jehovah and the last thousand years of the 7th creative day being a sabbath and a thousand year Jublilee Awake October 8th 1974

Both of these issues of Awake being special issues, I think.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Never discuss doctrine. You goal is to empower him to think for himself. Discussing doctrine will most likely trigger his "cult personality" and he will become unreasonable and defensive.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What leavingwt said. Rather than tell him about doctrine, ASK HIM about the doctrine. Have him research the history and explain it to you.

• Ding
    Ding

The Reasoning From the Scriptures book, page 97, also says, "Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the `great tribulation' in which the present wicked world will end."

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

You only really learn when it's your own research. Don't explain it to him. Ask questions. LWT is right....

• moshe
    moshe

You expect too much from a JW- they have limited reasoning ability. It's like trying to expect the driver of a car to know how the car works- all they care about is that it runs and will get them to their destination. The GB's new generation scheme is like "meat in due season" for JWs and they think it will get them to the new system - that is good enough for the monkeys in the KH.

-

• smiddy
    smiddy

moshe , I loved that lol

smiddy

• possible-san
    possible-san

wifeofjw.

I think that he does not desire that you teach about the Scriptures to him, if you are a wife of JW.
    He has "pride."

Therefore, you should ask him questions and listen to him.
    However, please always take the initiative/leadership. (This is important)

Please use the following material.
    However, don't show to him.

You would ask him questions (leading questions), and he himself needs to show you those materials.
    And you would point out only the "facts."

Probably, he may begin to think.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2930/generationjw.jpg

Other information:
    http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/chronology/this-generation-teaching-changes-for-6th-time-in-april-15-2010-watchtower.html
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/187414/2/Confused-about-the-current-generation-teaching-Get-your-Watchtower-Generation-chart

possible

• garyneal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit