And now, a Rap by sd-7..."I Watch the Watchtower Fall"

by sd-7 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Thanks. This would make a good YouTube video. I'd been planning to do a rap on my ex-JW thoughts for awhile, but finally sat down and wrote some things down at last. I don't think it's as high a level as I'd prefer for my songs, but it's good, I think. I think I like the third verse the most, and having the parody of the JW song thrown in there really adds some punch to it.

I think for the first verse, I had P.O.D. in my head, the second verse was...somewhat similar, but the third verse I definitely thought of Eminem as I wrote it. It's weird. I love writing stuff like this, the parody articles, other songs, stories...why isn't this my job?? I am totally not accountant material...oh, wait--sorry. Prospective employers, you didn't read that!

I did just create a YouTube account, but getting the peace and quiet to do a video is something hard to come by. Would've been nice if I married a pioneer, at least then she'd be out of the house sometimes on the weekends! Terrible joke. But if I get the chance to upload something to YouTube, I will certainly do that. I believe I'm 'sd-71000' on YouTube now, but I've not made any videos yet.

-sd-7

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Would've been nice if I married a pioneer, at least then she'd be out of the house sometimes on the weekends! Terrible joke.

That is one positive thing about marrying a pioneer. Never looked at it that way.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You never cease to amaze me!

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

AWESOME!!!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Nice job. I agree...you MUST post on youtube and soon.

• onemore
    onemore

SD-7 if you live in the NY/NJ/CT/ area I'll put you in a recording studio and hook you up with a producer, and if a few ex-JW volunteer, we can also make the video happen.

Onemore

• sd-7
    sd-7
    SD-7 if you live in the NY/NJ/CT/ area I'll put you in a recording studio and hook you up with a producer, and if a few ex-JW volunteer, we can also make the video happen.

Wow, there's a lovely offer. I live in the DC area, however, so...not exactly in range. I do have some ideas myself on visualizing this song, but...how many people get to be writer/director? Not many, I should think. I don't even have anything beyond a digital camera.

Besides, not so easy to make a YouTube video with so little free time. But I will do an intro video sometime. Hey, if people can get movies and music deals from bein' on YouTube, why can't I, right? Riiiight...that happens everyday...

Although I've not said anything untrue, I do wonder if this rap might be seen as inflammatory. Well, nobody's saying they don't have the right to practice their belief system. I'm just blastin' it for being so darn abusive and dishonest and all. I've not even scratched the surface on all that I coulud say from a rap perspective, even without any colorful language. I will probably put pen to paper and come up with another one at some point in the future, but hopefully it'll be better than this one.

-sd-7

• onemore
    onemore

MC SD-7, check your PM.

this is one of my favorite rap battles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWjqEgDymus

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Dear Heart,

I can help you out with the "colorful language", but I guess you already know that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit