When jw's tell you how evil the world has become

by carla 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

The Society is very good at presenting incomplete histories as those that are complete. That is, they adapt the evidence to fit their dogma, not the other way around. "This is the worst time in history" is only true if you look at bits and pieces of evidence, and not at the picture in toto.

Sure, life was great a hundred or so years ago, as long as you were white, well-off, male and straight. Any aberration from that societal "standard" and things weren't so hot.

Visible minority? Ghettoized, few if any civil rights, victimized and subject to perptual verbal slurs.

Female? Second class citizen with limited civil rights and a 20% chance of dying in childbirth or from childbirth related causes.

Gay? Prison or worse.

And all this was considered "normal."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

they are miserable people who think they are being tortured by this "system of things" and their lives are so difficult.

And they thrive on such thoughts. My wife was recently told by an active Dub she ran into that her being happier outside the Borg was a BAD thing because it meant she was traveling the "broad and spacious road" now rather than struggling to "go in through the narrow door."

Remember the picture in the Bible Teach book, I think it was? With the guy halfway through a door and it squeezing him nearly to death as he struggled to get through it? Remember the pain on his face? The tension in his muscles? That is how JWs are indoctrinated to believe their lives are supposed to be. If they're not struggling they're not serving properly.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

When JW tells me how evil and horrible the world is I ask them, what are YOU doing about it?

Usually I get a textbook "preaching the truth" answer to which I reply with, " How about the acts the Jesus mentioned in Matthew 25:31.

After the blank look and blinking I list the acts Jesus deamed worthy of mentioning:

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Feed and quench the thrist of the hungry and thirsty.

Get comfort and companionship to lonly and strangers.

Clothe those that have nothing.

Care for the sick and visit those that have sinned.

Funny how they never seem to be able to answer that...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They seem to forget that this is not the worst the world has ever been. Osama Obama is hellbent on making it as bad as he can, but the same can be said about the church leaders around AD380. At that time, they succeeded in plunging the whole world into the First Dark Ages. And things were worse all around then than they are now--you could get burned at the stake for any scientific viewpoint that was not in their interpretation of the Bible.

• 2tone
    2tone

they are miserable people who think they are being tortured by this "system of things" and their lives are so difficult

I always wonder why this is. They always comment on how tough things are and people barely get by. I think alot of them make there own problems whether it be money, health, etc.

I dont wanna sound high and mighty but I dont have financial problems, health problems. I guess im expected to give 90% of my paycheck to the watchtower to level the playing field so i can be like everyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit