Gravitation and Electric Energy, Golden Age, August 17, 1932 [Repost]

by VM44 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

It should be pointed out that Jehovah's (Nit)Witnesses are a homespun religion concocted by self-taught rubes with more imagination than information at their disposal.

The bumpkins at the top impress mightily the goobers at the local level through sheer razzle-dazzle and puffery.

They all deserve each other.

....and I was one of them.

I think I need a shower.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am bringing this classic thread back to the top as a simple rebuttal of a recent post suggesting that a person can get the equivalent of a college education by reading the Awake.

The sad truth is - as Terry said above - the vast majority of Awake readers have no way to know if the magazine is right or wrong. Nor would they have likely known in 1932 how wrong the above scientific lunacy really was.

• VM44
    VM44

From the article:

"If light had sufficient propulsive power we should find our moon rotating on its axis."
    But such is not the case. The moon revolves once each lunar month; that is, it shows all sides to the sun each swing around the earth;
    but it does not rotate on its axis,
    for its face (the pointed end) is always toward the earth,

The author here is crazy! The last sentence shows that he hasn't even bothered to THINK about what he is writing about!

The truth, as can be shown by simply drawing a diagram on paper, is that if the moon did not rotate on its axis, then all sides of it would eventually face the earth as it went about its orbit!!!!!

This author of this article is a maniac, as well as editor of the magazine that published it.

"The Golden Age" magazine claimed to be a magazine of "Fact," and of "Truth".

• Londo111
    Londo111

It's good to know that there's only one proton in a wood atom!

• TD
    TD
    The northern hemisphere contains much more land than the southern; hence the magnetic influence of the north half of our earth is greater than that of the south half, as proven by the compass' always pointing north.

The whole thing reads like an explanation from Calvin's father in Calvin and Hobbes

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Now this is really funny! I wonder who wrote this. Do you think Woodworth wrote it himself and used a pen name?

Usually when they printed something like this it was intended to somehow tie into their wacky beliefs, but I don't see the connection. Anyone? What were they trying to accomplish by printing this?

• Twitch
    Twitch

What a maroon.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I am starting to believe Rutherford and those in his circle, like Woodworth and company, had severe mental issues. Perhaps they were bipolar...only with no medical treatment. They seem to have had delusions of grandeur for sure. Failed prediction did not humble or deter them--it was full steam ahead on the crazy train (aka the Behemoth), spewing ever more nonsense. Denying gravity seems to be the height of hubris--greater than the fear of aluminum, vacinations, ERS devices, and radium belts...

They say one in a hundred is psychopathic. Sometimes I wonder if this applied to Rutherford...a vicious, headstrong, disagreeable tyrant.

The sad thing is that Rutherford's Ghost is going strong, effecting millions of lives even today.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thanks for bringing this great thread back to attention again.

I re-read the whole thing and I still cannot believe what I was reading.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

... isn't Clayton Wormwood one of the "before 1935 Anointed Class", dispensing increasing light to the now ruling GB class here on earth, according to the Revelation Book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit