Another visit

by MrFreeze 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Well I've just had another visit with a eldurrrr. I haven't been sleeping well. I finally get a good sleep going and a couple hours later my stepdad wakes me up to tell me I have a visitor. Good grief.

He came to talk to me about how going on those apostate sites is bad. He was telling me he was talking to another person who has doubts and his line to him was "you're too intelligent for your own good".

So I gave him my timeline of Babylonian kings and he said don't even worry about it. Because the only dates that matter are 537 and 607. Yeah, he's right it does matter. Only thing is they have 607 wrong. That matters.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Only thing is they have 607 wrong. That matters.

Not to 99.99% of JW's it doesn't! The WTS could be 1000 years out on this and they would still accept it. The alternative is too frightening to contemplate.

George

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

He started reading to me the scripture in I think 2 Chronicles where it talks about in Cyrus first year he send Jews back to their homeland so that the 70 years would be fulfilled. He said "that's all we need to worry about". It doesn't match up with what history says happens. You can't argue history. It's set in stone. It's fact.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Mr. Freeze they see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I asked him if the Governing Body was inspired by God. He said yes. Then I asked how they would ever make mistakes in their writing. He said that they are infallible men, just like the Israelites of old. Then I asked him how many errors there were in the Bible. He said none. I asked him why? He said they were inspired of God. So then I told him if the Governing Body were inspired by God, there shouldn't be any errors in their writing. It didn't get to him. Just in one ear and out the other.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Ha! What a facepalm moment!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "you're too intelligent for your own good".

Now, how can that be, dear Mr. F (peace to you!)? Perhaps you should have told him that what REALLY matters is that he is to stupi... ummm... ignoran... ummm... "misled"... for HIS own good.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I wish I had the balls to say something like that. I'm a little too passive at times. I really wanted to let him have it but I refrained because it just makes me look like more like the villain since there were people in the house besides just us.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Yeah I explained the same thing to my fam using encyclopedia and bible and they couldn't find ONE thing to dissprove. The bible was in sync with encyclopedia. The only thing that was NOT making sense was the Watchtower dates/publications. But like it was brought out the alternative is too frightening for a witness to even consider...hence the "in one ear out the other" BS reasoning.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    So I gave him my timeline of Babylonian kings and he said don't even worry about it. Because the only dates that matter are 537 and 607.

If you want to get anywhere with these turkeys, you have to get them to try to give you the list. No subject changes. Make it clear that you will discuss their attempted subject change AFTER they have given you their list. Not before, and not now. Make them give you a date by which they will give it to you.

Don't even get sucked in to a discussion on why you think it is important. Tell them to bugger off and write up their list and then you'll discuss that.

Call their character into question for whatever tactic it is that they are using to weasel their way out of answering your question, and especially for trying to bully you into a subject change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit