I Need To Clarify One Thing (Christmas)

by mentallyfree31 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I just wanted to clarify a small matter. If you happen to see me driving around Mississippi, you may notice that my car is squatted down in the back. Nothing is wrong with my car. My trunk is full of christmas presents. That's right.... it's my first christmas in 26 years. And I couldn't be happier about it.

:-)

-Mentallyfree31-

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I can't wait.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Can I send you my address?!!! JK, glad you are so happy.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

GOOD FOR YOU. THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR FOR A XMAS TREE. BEEN OUT ALMOST SEVEN YEARS.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This will be my third Christmas. I still do it on the down-low because of the JW wife and mother and my fade, but my wife knows I exchange gifts with family and visit them for the holidays.

Regardless of people's beliefs, it's great to give gifts to family. My family are not competitive or mad about what gifts are exchanged. We expect next to nothing and are thrilled with anything.

This year and last year, I had all my gifts purchased and wrapped weeks before Christmas.

• JeffT
    JeffT

We did that our 2nd Christmas (1989). I recieved a really nice bonus from my employer and we made up for all the ones we'd missed with the kids.

• geevee
    geevee

Enjoy!!!!

• badcompany
    badcompany

Happiness is chopping down a Christmas tree off your own land. Did that for the first time today with my 10 year old daughter. Good and memorable times. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Last years Xmas was very low key... so last night we put up flashing blue light decorations around the outside of the house. Then we put a Star of David on the Front door thats wooden bearing holly & various fruits and glittery fern :) .... The whole house looks lovely... (Especially the 3ft Santa that has extendable legs to make him taller or fat and stumpy....)

Won't the Elders be in for a shock when they come stop by !!!! Me & hubby really dont care now .... If the father-in-law hears off the vine then so be it, but we have to live our lives the way we want and if he wants to shut himself off like my husbands siblings then thats his problem....

My life, so Im in my own driving seat, I make my own rules

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yaaay - I'm loving Christmas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit