Question for witnesses who were married or intimate during their time in the religion

by kurtbethel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I don't want to get graphic with this and get this thread locked, so please don't go overboard with answers.

I was having a discussion with someone about the JW experience, and was wondering if, since "Jehovah" is an important part of the religion, during the moments of intense passion in a relationship, would you yell out, "Oh, Jehovah! Oh, Jehovah!"

Seriously, would a witness do that?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Nope.

But I would be thinking that Jehovah and Angels and Demons were watching.

I may have a few exhibitionistic tendencies, but thinking they were watching was *not* a turn on.

Man! Those were crazy, mind-f*cking times.

-Aude.

• wizardca
    wizardca

No it would be "Oh, Governing Body! Governing Body!" - it was there. had to say it.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

The Wizard nailed it. To focus solely on God during such a powerfully private moment, thereby leaving out the GB, would be dangerous to a JW's faith, likely leading them to independent thinking and later atheism.

Never underestimate the "slippery slope" angle...

• cantleave
  • mamalove
    mamalove

I think I may have screamed out "oh my F'ing god!!" My H at the time counseled me after. But he did like it when I talked dirty on the few occasions he would actually want to have sex.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

noooooooo!

the thought would cause a floppy...

i wonder if some actually prayed in thanks before or after though?

oz

• scary21
    scary21

Mamalove me too....... Oh my god... oh my god ....OH MY GOD!!!!

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

This is a laugh out loud thread!

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

Did not think anything about Jehovah, the GB, the elders, the pioneers, the dog, the cat, the bird, .......ya get it. Hell to the naw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit