"You just need more deep Bible study"

by sabastious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spectre
    Spectre

Is there really such a thing as "deep bible study" when it comes to what has been lovingly provided by the fds? I would ask them what is really considered deep. I remember my step-dad had a book shelf full of every book from the days of Russell and on. All of it dull as dishwater. Does dull=deep? Then win for them on that one!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

sabastious I would try to point out first that the bible actually does say to test everything in 1 The 5:21 then 1 John 4:1 then Matt 7:15-20 and explain 17 to 20 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

I think (like every other JW) they will want to move the conversation to new light, don't let them and re affirming what was just mentioned and ask them first if they agree, they will want to move the conversation to something similar but dont let them.

Just show them your view, because matthew opens up a new window to a host of questions never dared questioned or answered. But make sure all was to stay on the same subject which is the reason why you are taking liberal studies from biblical reasons.

And finally ask her if he/she can prove that 1 the5:21/1 john 4:1/matt 7:15-20 is in harmony with the watchtower views on liberal studies and what would be the purpose on a more deeper bible study if they do not allow freedom.

• possible-san
    possible-san

sabastious.

She feels that all my troubles (and doubts about the organization) can eventually be conquered by "more deep Bible study."

That is very interesting explanation.

Well, in my personal opinion, I think that you/she would become different from the WTS's opinion/thought, or you/she would stop needing their/GB's help if you study the Bible more deeply.
    That is, to put it simply, she is not so much studying the Bible deeply.

If she would say that that's a lie, please take her to this forum.
    I will confirm her "depth of the knowledge of the Bible."

Probably, her knowledge is shallow.

possible

• Scully
    Scully

It's funny she should say that, because Karl Klein used to say that JWs should absolutely stay away from "deep Bible study", and if they were inclined to do so, they should find a hobby or something, especially for those inclined toward "apostasy".

http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net/printthread.php?tid=5626

"If you have a tendency towards 'apostasy', get a hobby and keep yourself busy to keep your mind off of it. Stay away from deep Bible study to determine meanings of the Scriptures." (GB Member Karl Klein, Address to WT, April, 30, 1980)

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

That's a typical answer from a JWit. What is considered DEEP Bible Study?

• jgnat
    jgnat

The more I learn about how the mind collects and filters data, the more I am convinced that we are gullibility machines!

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/video/default.aspx?id=103571

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Deep Bible Study" to a JW is this:

Read enough Watchtower literature that references the Bible until you agree with Watchtower. If you don't agree, you need to read more. If you already agree, you only have to study Watchtower material for meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit