jehovahs witnesses giving a "bad witness "

by looloo 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

LOOLOO- I believe that some rank & file JW's DO feel a responsibility to not give a " bad witness ". The problem comes in with JW's who have authority positions ( or elders , C.O.'s, D.O.'s ) and their inability, or should I say unwillingness to show impartial judgments and be just and fair in JC meetings and setting a good example - which is rarely done. Thus a typical JW like the lady you mentioned feel they have to blaze their own trail and risk getting DFed just to get fair treatment in life or any justice at all. It shows how oppressive the JW cult is and their authoritative elders, GB and whoever else dominates members lives. I hope the lady you knew has found happiness

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

The witnesses came to the hospital when Dad died. They didn't invite me out to eat or anything they just left when it was confirmed he was dead. They probably wanted to make sure I had enforced the blood issue and once that was to their satisfaction they took off.

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

Wow - where to begin??

I was born into this religion, I was never given a choice, I was never allowed to voice my own opinion.

One day I decided to really open my eyes at the total and complete hypocrisy that spewed forth from everyone that I knew. It was all so fake. All every did was gossip about Sister So and So and Brother What's His Name. Elders did as they pleased, if their family members were the ones doing wrong they covered it up or moved to a new congregation. Elders and MS's children were the worst bunch of all...sneaking out, drinking, sex, you name it they were doing it. How in the world can those men look out for the "flock" when they can't even take care of their families. There were couples that would swing (and yes...that kind of 'swing') with other couples....they got a slap on the wrist and then went right back to what they were doing. The whole time, they are at the meetings, they are out in service, they are giving their talks, they are answering...they are living a lie. But they sure did look pretty while doing.

Thankfully I have found my path and I have chosen a different life. I love God and I am no longer ashamed of that.

• james_woods
    james_woods

What worse "witness" could you possibly give (to ordinary citizens) than to publish a magazine with the pictures of dead kids ON THE COVER who died because of the arcane JW rules on medical blood therapy?

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

But it's all in the name of Jehovah....so it's OK. *gag*

• sabastious
    sabastious

Welcome to the forum, I<3MYGod.

Developing in the midst of hypocrisy will take a toll on you both spiritually and emotionally. I wish you well on your journey it will be both challenging and satisfying.

This forum can help a great deal.

-Sab

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

Thanks Sab,

I did struggle with my spirituality for a good while, then one day it all broke down and I saw the truth, the real truth and not a cult induced truth.

I now go to an amazing church, filled with loving and caring people. I finally feel at home. I pray. I worship. I really do love God now, it's not something that I am forced to pretend to enjoy any more. It's real and it's heart felt. I am so thankful to be on this path and I am so thankful to finally have a true relationship with God and not a pretend fling with a religion. :D

• sabastious
    sabastious

It's hard to create a relationship with your God when you have so much Watchtower Red Tape to muddle through. They are a spiritually vain people, much like the pharisees were in Jesus' day.

Some Witnesses have somehow found a way to make it their own though, but at the cost of compromising their personal integrity. To be a Witness is to play the Game no matter how much you are devoted.

Ever wonder why Witnesses all seem to walk with a bum leg (figuratively)? It's because they are spiritually sick. The carrot on the end of the stick has become their focus, and that will weigh on you spiritually.

-Sab

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

I once asked my mother why she believed what she believes (she was born into it as well). She was silent for a long time, so I asked it again. She finally stated it was because it's what she is told she should do....OK! So that is a good reason to commit your life to something, it's a good reason to barricade your heart and eyes from the truth....I wanted to shake her around shout at her to wake up. But it would do no good....the claws are in too deep.

• sabastious
    sabastious

That's quite an admittance from your mother. Very few Witnesses would admit that. She sounds like she might be on the path out.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit