I found a letter that we got from Bethel when we left, it clearly says publishing plant operations.

by life is to short 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was going through some boxes the other day and found the letter we received to use for reference's in looking for work after Bethel.

We left Bethel in 1994 a long time ago now it seems. The letter was written by Max Larson. I have not seen this letter for years and reading it this time it struck me how cold it really was. It says nothing of the Bible or of Jehovah or the Kingdom, just that it is a publishing plant operations. It ends by saying "sister LITS demonstrated good working capabilities in our publishing plant operations."

What a wasted opportunity to witnesses about Jehovah if that is what Bethel is truly about but has never been about God and they admited it. I just never noticed it so clearly before.

I have heard when you leave now they tell you how to get government help. I was shocked. They slam the Satan controlled government every chance they get but they use it when it comes to their advantage. When we left it was like by nice using you, hope you make it somehow in the real world. we got nothing expect for the letter and some bills that we owed them for things that really we should have had anyway since we were working there for free like air conditioning. We had to pay for all of that out of our $90.00 a month. None of the GB would have worked in and lived with out it, so why were the lower class any different?

I just thought it was interesting that they admit it is just a publishing plant.

LITS

• designs
    designs

You were a speedbump, so sorry. Hope things have turned around for you both. The new life we have is worth everything we endured.

• reds
    reds

Is it possible for you to post the letter?

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

LITS>>>"I have heard when you leave now they tell you how to get government help"

How horrible! That really makes me angry!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well, you can't get unemployment, so they may as well explain how to go on public aid. And their reference that you existed during your years at Bethel are worthless.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I didn't even bother to get a letter.

I'll tell ya what really hurts...Y'no when you get that social security thing that shows the years you work and your contributions and when you get to your bethel years a nice fat 0.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yeah, I know that 0.

• life is to short
    life is to short

reds Sorry I do not want to post the letter because it has my name on it and I do not want to give myself away.

Yes darth frosty and Billy the 0 really hurts. The older you get the more it hurts too.

Yes Magwitch it really made me angry also that they use the government that way. Not that I would ever blame any Bethelite for getting government help it just burns me that the publishing plant puts the ones who have given their lives in to them in such a bad place financially.

LITS

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Disgraceful - how do they live with themselves - I really dont know.

Loz x

• moshe
    moshe

It's a tough nut for JWs to crack, i.e., finding out that the WT religious book publishing company has nothing to do with the being religious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit