The Governing Body is on the Phone and they need Help!

by Giordano 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Here's my premise; one day, out of the blue, you are asked to consult with the GB. Your told that they have 'new light', Armageddon is a spiritual battle and they have 'awakened' to the fact that this system of things will not be going away anytime soon, perhaps not for another 2,000 years! With this new understanding they realize that just about everything is going to have to change if they want to survive as an organization.

To deal with this new reality now and into the future they would like to hear ideas that are practical, spiritual, nurturing, helpful and stimulating.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Coming soon to a congregation near you!

• Gayle
    Gayle

They would have to change sooooo much, so who would need them anymore? Their people would have to exercise their own conscience and therefore there could not be any use of the thousand "rules" that the GB has set up in the past.

Conscience matter: blood, shunning, holidays, door to door, real charities, how many meetings you want to spend, whether or who to vote, school extracurriculars, sports, college, starting up a demanding business, developing musical and arts. JWs would find they have sooooo much 'catching up' to do, they would have no time to care about the latest WT. Everyone would 'outgrow' their need for the GB.

• agonus
    agonus

I would tell them the concepts of "Governing Body" and "Jehovah's Organization" are not Scriptural, that they should immediately renounce their title and positions of power, liquidate the organization's assets and distribute the wealth to Witnesses and former Witnesses they've hurt, and leave the rest in Jehovah, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit's far more capable hands.

• agonus
    agonus

And while we're fantasizing about things that will never happen, I wish for Serena Williams and a bucket of Cool Whip.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Help you, Governing Body? I would simply ask that they turn themselves in for prosecution for war crimes. Let their victims decide what is to be done with them and their resources. Then...destroy the Society as a legal entity. Use their factories to give people actual, paying jobs. Especially the people they conned into not getting any life skills with empty promises. Maybe they can print toilet paper instead. There's always a need for that. Oh, it can have the same information, just print it out on toilet paper instead of magazine paper. How's that?

• Ding
    Ding

Agonus nailed it:

<< I would tell them the concepts of "Governing Body" and "Jehovah's Organization" are not Scriptural, that they should immediately renounce their title and positions of power, liquidate the organization's assets and distribute the wealth to Witnesses and former Witnesses they've hurt, and leave the rest in Jehovah, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit's far more capable hands. >>

• james_woods
    james_woods

Perhaps (in addition to the above), they need to be referred to a job placement agency (or perhaps a trade school) to prepare for actually finding some honest useful work.

• agonus
    agonus

Although I would insist that as one of Jehovah's former anointed they can make it up to me personally by signing the title to the 85 Jay Street plot over to me. I'll build my own Residential Towers for troubled children and as president and CEO my kids can come stay with me there at my new permanent loft.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"The number you have dialed is not in Serve-Us... ever. Please hang up and try your call again."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit