Picket Elizabeth Edwards funeral WTF??

by darthfader 20 Replies latest jw friends

• darthfader
    darthfader

Edwards funeral to be picketed by controversial church

A church that pickets funerals to protest what it calls American immorality says its members will be picketing the service this Saturday for Elizabeth Edwards, who died of breast cancer on Tuesday.

Based in Topeka, Kan., the Westboro Baptist Church said it would be outside the Edenton Street United Methodist Church in Raleigh, N.C., during the funeral for the former wife of one-time vice presidential candidate John Edwards.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40587353/ns/us_news-life/

You have got to be kidding me... I understand free speech, but this is more than tacky. It shows no human compassion at all. In my opinion, anyone that does business with any of the folks. Ostrasize them economically... Maybe then, theyll stop. Or maybe they will just go on government wellfare.. sheesh...

/bang-head-into-wall

Darth Fader

• journey-on
    journey-on

This is the same group that picketed the funeral of a fallen soldier who had served in Iraq. What callous holier-than-thou a**holes!

• nelly136
    nelly136

theyre picketing a dead ladies funeral because she seperated from her husband for 'his' adultery?

just checking to see if i've got the drift of whats going on?

• asilentone
    asilentone

If they do that, I am sure the Congress would pass some kind of legislation to prevent that from happening to others.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Not that I'm encouraging or condoning anything, but I'm surprised nobody's put a hole in Phelps head or done anything to this church.

• darthfader
    darthfader

I do beleive that they have/will cross the line and will eventually suffer the fallout for their public display of hate and ill will.

I'd like my karma to run over their dogma...

• minimus
    minimus

eff them!

• scary21
    scary21

DITTO!!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Not that I'm encouraging or condoning anything, but I'm surprised nobody's put a hole in Phelps head or done anything to this church.

I agree. I think it it is only a matter of time. Since, I suppose the law will HAVE to do something, the responsible party should be charged with something like "unlawful discharge of a firearm" and sternly admonished not to do it again.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Maybe the secret service have a plan to derail their plans?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit