HACKERS

by LV101 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

I KNOW nothing about hackers but overheard local radio commentator crediting HACKERS for information about the wikileaks saga and how he loves HACKERS and how they were RESPONSIBLE for the facts being released about SCIENTOLOGY, also --- and many other matters.

WHY ARE THEY NOT HELPING us w/FACTS ABOUT HOW THE WATCHTOWER is destructive/dangerous --- media coverage (more) would be excellent. recall metatron posted how successful ONE MAN CAN BE (referring to the wikileaks' incident) and it looks like hackers are the dream ticket. look how many individuals are helped on this great, informative, board alone.

where are the hackers for media help/coverage.

LV101

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Gee, I don't know if I would want them. I am almost as afraid of hackers as I was of the devil!

• LV101
    LV101

OMIGOODNESS -- i had no idea they were evil. Thanks!

LV101

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

The information given to wikileaks was stolen by some Army private while he was posted in Baghdad, not by a hacker.

btw, a "hacker" is not necessarily someone who is doing something wrong or evil.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Also - the lack of interest by the media and/or hackers alike should help all former JWs realize something if they haven't already. The world really doesn't care about this little adventist offshoot religion. You can always try to go to 4chan though and see if they'd be interested in causing havoc for the JWs. They did it for Scientologists.

• gutted
    gutted

LV101 what the broadcaster was possibility talking about was that many people have distributed this information to different websites (as the original one was taken down) and also a group of "hackers" have attacked several websites that have been against WikiLeaks/its founder out of retaliation (ie. MasterCard, a Swedish bank had their websites service disrupted). A "hacker" is someone who wants to find a way to break into a system using its vulnerabilities. It can be a bad thing if the hackers motives are not pure, but it can also be a good thing as in "ethical hacking" to find flaws to fix them. In this case they are retaliating for certain organizations trying to supress freedom of information.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Bears are just as evil as "hackers" are.

In other words, hackers are not evil.

A hacker is simply a person who is interested in understanding a machine or software at a deeper level than the usual user's manual takes him.

A good analogy is people who enjoy picking locks. Are they EVIL?

It depends upon what they do with their "mad skilz", doesn't it?

Professor Richard P. Feynman was an American physicist known for his work in the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics and the physics of the superfluidity of supercooled liquid helium, as well as in particle physics (he proposed the parton model). For his contributions to the development of quantum electrodynamics, Feynman, jointly with Julian Schwinger and Sin-Itiro Tomonaga, received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1965. He assisted in the development of the atomic bomb and was a member of the panel that investigated the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.

He found lock-picking to be a relaxing challenge.

On the other hand, you have bomb-throwing anarchist like Julian Asange who wish they could be hackers but lack the talent. They associate with what are known in the information technology field as "black hat" hackers, who use the knowledge gained by their curiosity to do harm.

Often, the distinction about who is a "black hat" hacker and who is a "white hat" hacker depend on who is doing the assessment.

Alan Turing was a "white hat" hacker during World War II. During the Second World War, Turing worked for the Government Code and Cypher School at Bletchley Park, Britain's codebreaking centre. For a time he was head of Hut 8, the section responsible for German naval cryptanalysis. He devised a number of techniques for breaking German ciphers, including the method of the bombe, an electromechanical machine that could find settings for the Enigma machine.

If the Nazis had won the war, he would have been considered a "black hat" hacker.

(Yes, I know the term "hacker" was not used this way during the 1940s.)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As to hackers and the fight against The WATCHTOWER, there are a bunch of them, and the WTB&TS has its own band of "black hats" who try to knock out XJW sites.

Just because you are not personally aware of something doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Let the reader use discernment. selah.

• LV101
    LV101

thanks for all the GREAT information.

i hope someone stands up to the watchtower's wretched blood doctrine and protects the children (all adherents) and since we KNOW what they are doing --- are we not guilty for not trying to inform/protect the brainwashed innocent.

LV101

• LV101
    LV101

NATHAN NATAS --- what great info/i appreciate. thanks.

LV101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit