Attention Born in Lurkers

by stuckinamovement 37 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Do you feel that something has changed within God's organization? Have you noticed that in the past several years there has been a more authoritarian spirit displayed in the publications and from the platform? I have too. I am in the beginning stages of a fade away and wanted to express my thoughts. Maybe you agree or maybe you don't, that's ok. These are the things that have made me see that what I devoted my life to has been false. I have served as a Pioneer, MS and Elder for many years and now see that what I have taught, believed, and supported has been less than the truth. There have been alarm bells ringing in my head for years but the recent changes organizationally and doctrinally have made me consider the following facts.

As Witnesses we were taught that Armageddon is going to be here any moment and is imminent. The direction from the Holy spirit said that the end was going to come in 1914, 1925,1975, Before the end of the twentieth century, and you would never grow old or fulfill any career. It didn't happen. "Imminent" and "soon" has stretched on for over 100 years.

We were taught that there would be few anointed left when the end came and that the number will decrease as the end drew near. The number of anointed is increasing.

We are taught that field service is a life saving work that must be performed with a sense of urgency. So far not one persons life has been saved, and even though it is "urgent" the antiquated method of calling on empty houses is used as the primary way of trying to reach people. Television, internet, email, postal service, social networking are not used even though the the effectiveness of these methods are proven.

We are taught that the light gets brighter as Jehovah blesses his servants with Holy spirit and increased understanding. Is Jehovah responsible for flip flopping doctrines such as the generation of Matt. 24:34, organ transplants, Blood transfusions, the superior authorities etc. or is it men who claim to be inspired? If it were from Jehovah don't you think he would have gotten it right the first time? Despite these changes each time credit/blame is given to Jehovah. You can't trust what you read in the publications, because it might change soon.

We are taught that we live in a spiritual paradise and associate with the safest group of people on earth. Despite this claim it is likely that in your congregation there is a child molester that you don't know about. Your elders are given instructions in some cases not to tell the authorities or to warn the congregation. The organization has tried in the past to sweep the problem under the rug, and continues to do so. Is this in harmony with God's qualities of love, justice, or wisdom?

Did you know that disfellowshipping as practiced within the organization, cannot be found in the scriptures? Would Jesus have treated sinners the way that we as Witnesses treat sinners?

Despite the claim that all policies and instructions to elders are based on the scriptures, there is a book that only the elders have been given that has many congregational rules and policies not based on the scriptures. You are not allowed to look at it unless you are an elder.

We are taught that the United Nations organization is the wild beast described in Revelation and is one of the organizations controlled by Satan. Despite this, the Watchtower Society was partners of the UN for a number of years as a Non-Governmental Organization.

Even though the "truth" changes, if you believe something other than what is published as the latest light (right or wrong) you can be disfellowshipped.

1914 cannot be proved by scripture as the end of the Gentile times. No one other than the Witnesses believe that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE. Brother Russell used the Great Pyramid of Giza's measurements to corroborate 1914 as the end of the Gentile times. The calculation arbitrarily uses a lunar year of 360 days to come to a date based on a solar year of 365.25 days.

Even though we are taught repeatedly that world conditions are deteriorating in fulfillment of Matt. 24.............Earthquakes are not increasing in frequency according to the USGS. Crime rates have dropped dramatically according to the Department of Justice. The life span of mankind has risen dramatically since 1914 as pestilence is treated, controlled, or eradicated according to the Department of Health. Food shortages are decreasing. Wars are not increasing.

Even though you pray through Jesus to Jehovah, Jesus is not your mediator. This is despite what the Bible says at 1 Tim. 2:5,6.

I urge any lurkers to verify the things that I have said. Use secular sources, look up things on the internet, ask your elders if these things are true, write the branch. If this is in fact the truth as you have been taught your whole life, the questions and comments I mention above should be proved as false. I wish you the best as you continue to examine your faith.

SIAM

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Excellent post!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Nice post...sums it all up

The leadership knows all of this, that is why the grip tightens..

They cut them off from education and the internet at every turn, as they know what happens once people start asking questions, they find out the WT doesn't have the right answers after all

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

stuckinamovement: Good Point.

An alarm bell that has been ringing (there have been many) in my head for a long time has to do with the amount of speculation the JW leadership has done over the years.

For a society that prides itself in following Bible principles and being led by God's Holy Spirit, they certainly have done their part of 'going beyond the things that written' and have failed to follow the advice of Prov. 30:6 ...'Add nothing to his words, that he may not reprove you, and that you may not have to be proved a L-I-A-R'.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I'll say it again, it was by reading our own older publications that I came to the conclusion that this is not Jehovah's channel. Our teachings in 1919 would definately not have caused Jesus to choose us. Absolutely not. The idea that our ideas are better now is ridiculous. We are claiming to have been chosen based on what we were teaching prior to 1919. We taught nothing that resembles current thought. And the "adjustments" since have been flip-flops. Certainly Jehovah can make up his mind. Why would he have used falsehood to bring in the rest of the annointed and the other sheep? Think about it.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Grandma Jones- Great Point !

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Excellent SIAM I agree 100% - and a great thread for lurkers or undecided ones.

Loz x

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Good thread. I totally agree with you. My own research confirmed everything you wrote. When I was younger, congregations used to be groups of people feeling connected by working together on the same projects. It just felt right, I had real friends I could discuss just anything with them. No fear for being reported, nobody would say he could not trust the info you just brought forward, people would share their research freely, even if it was not confirming WT teachings. That is totally gone now. Everybody is sitting on his own island. All the control tightening is wearing everybody out.

• baltar447
    baltar447
    Good thread. I totally agree with you. My own research confirmed everything you wrote. When I was younger, congregations used to be groups of people feeling connected by working together on the same projects. It just felt right, I had real friends I could discuss just anything with them. No fear for being reported, nobody would say he could not trust the info you just brought forward, people would share their research freely, even if it was not confirming WT teachings. That is totally gone now. Everybody is sitting on his own island. All the control tightening is wearing everybody out.

Everyone is worn out, when it's supposed to be refreshing. Not so anymore. Something is seriously wrong but I can't put my finger on it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Everyone is worn out, when it's supposed to be refreshing. Not so anymore. Something is seriously wrong but I can't put my finger on it.

I'll try. I think it mainly has to do with the passage of time. You have a huge segment who were brought in during the 75 craze. Everyone who hitched their wagon to the WT train (and stayed after 75) is now reaching retirement age. Privately, they have to be screaming in their head "How is this possible! I'm going to die soon! I'm supposed to be in paradise, not dragging my butt to FS and meetings and assemblies and hall cleaning and {insert any other WT activity} year after year after year."

Add to that the majority now have a fractured family. By that most have kids, or even grandkids that realize the WT is shoveling a big pile of you know what and they are out living their lives like normal people. That means they either have to shun them whether it be officially or because they have faded.

Your family is supposed to be the one thing you always have..NO MATTER WHAT....and the WT takes that away too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit