Looking for Home Owners Insurance Advice

by lisavegas420 11 Replies latest jw friends

• donnieclary
    donnieclary

When you’re out shopping for quotes, get one from The Hartford too. That’s who I go with for both car and home insurance. They’ve been quite good to deal with and rates have been more affordable as compared to other vendors.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I practiced insurance law but at a corporate level. It wasn't practical for every day advise. The state insurance commissioner is the place to go for any problems with an insurer. Often the commissioner's office just sends complaints to the law firm that represents the insurer. There is pressure to resolve these cases quickly. It helps the consumer in close cases.

Colleagues always told me to beware of buying cheap insurance from fly by night companies b/c insurance cos do go out of business. Lloyds of London, an insurance market, will pay claims even when the syndicate is insolvent. I'm always tempted to go for a medium rated company.

There must be some industry wide group that monitors companies for solvency and claims pay outs. Costs must be going up. There should be an average of increased costs. I don't know anymore.

Getting your own estimates is crucial. A friend in law school was hurt cutting some trees on family property. He telephoned and was offered $50. Next, he telephoned the most fierce personal injury firm in our country and asked to speak to a partner. Armed with the managing partner's name and claim that they would settle for $75,000, the company had a change of heart. He said he would cut out the law firm for a large sum. The company immediately caved. He lived in fine style after that. It took him about three minutes on the phone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit