Incredible Phone Call...Feedback Appreciated

by badcompany 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Really? Who started that topic here on JWN?

Don't think it was a topic, just a comment in a thread. When I get a few minutes I'll try to find it.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Really? Who started that topic here on JWN?

Don't think it was a topic, just a comment in a thread. When I get a few minutes I'll try to find it.

Ok found it. It was a topic so sorry about that misinformation.

It was jgnat's Can You Reach Out to an Unbelieving Mate? - KM November 2010 thread :

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/202542/1/Can-You-Reach-Out-to-an-Unbelieving-Mate-KM-November-2010 Perhaps this can be construed to flow over to other family members as well? I noticed my Dad being a little more talkative lately.

• asilentone
    asilentone

what about being nice to other inactive ones???

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

... and then there was the district convention in 2009 that dealt with reaching out to your worldy family members, to attract them by your interest in them and reasonableness, opening the door without preaching

... as far as reaching out to those who are disfellowshipped or disassociated, I haven't seen any kind of suggestions to reach out to them, such situations I believe are still only to be contacted once a year if appropriate by elders.

I agree with the olive branch offering ... perhaps this is just a loving father coming to terms with an unloving way the org treats family relationships

• Ding
    Ding

Play it by ear.

Let him talk and see if he discloses anything.

• moshe
    moshe

One month the WT wants family to get all cozy with their ex-JW-fader relatives- then six months later the article comes out in the WT to treat them like they are dead persons. !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit