KS Blood-Handout s-55-e (PDF)!!!

by yknot 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Cold Steel...

$90 a month ain't much in the way of collection.....

There is no pension.

what does he hope to accomplish?

Probably just hoping to die asleep in his Bethel room.....

He has probably dedicated his whole life well into his 60s (or older) and can't see a life outside of the Org institution. He is in it for the long haul figuring he can help others out, pass on information, and maybe just maybe say the right thing at the right time and move a 'heavy' to be compassionate and discern the effect of things within the broader JW masses.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

If the JWs are wrong on such an issue

First they have the wrong dates, now the wrong doctrines

What happens when you change a policy that's dead wrong?

but their best bet would be to come out and say they were wrong.

Historically they're just WRONG

They can just say they were wrong historically and, because it isn't based on revelation, they can continue on.

At some point people inside are going to glom onto that word you used so often, CS, and just say the hell with it.

Personally, I'd be honoured to shake the mole's hand, and slip him a couple of hundred in appreciation for his good work.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yeah, I had to laugh out loud at the "paycheck and pension" comment. Spoken like someone who knows nothing of the inner workings of the society.

Bethelites are volunteers who give their whole life to the org and the best they can hope for is not to get kicked to the curb when they're old and sick. Unfortunately, that is just another hope in the WTBTS that isn't going to come true.

So if this volunteer now wants to do something a little more constructive with his time at Bethel, well.... it's his time now isn't it?

• dozy
    dozy

The letter seems to be based on the Kingdom Ministry Insert of Sep 1992 - almost word for word. So nothing especially new other than maybe a renewed emphasis (maybe too many JW parents were taking an easier line & allowing their children transfusions without putting up too much of a fight.)

Interestingly what is new is the implication that sanctions from the Society will be permitted if the parent gives in too easily.

They have deleted the following paragraph...

km9/92p.6par.23 Safeguarding Your Children From Misuse of Blood When judges are called upon to issue court orders hastily, often they have not considered or been reminded of the many dangers of blood, including AIDS, hepatitis, and a host of other hazards. You can point these out to the judge, and you can also make known to him that you, as a Christian parent, would view the use of another person’s blood in an effort to sustain life as a serious violation of God’s law and that forcing blood upon your child would be viewed as tantamount to rape. You and your child (if old enough to have his own convictions) can explain your abhorrence for such bodily invasion and can appeal to the judge not to grant an order but to permit you to pursue alternative medical management for your child.

And I had to laugh at the new WTBTS expression "mature adolescent". This from the organisation that has spent years telling such ones that they are in "the bloom of youth" and too immature to make important decisions on their own (such as dating or deciding what education they should have). And how does the Societies term harmonise with their definition as given below.

WT 1/15 1982 ADOLESCENCE—the time of life between childhood and maturity—has been described as “the most hazardous developmental human experience” today.

• still wondering
    still wondering

For the bunch of psychopathic desperadoes, a collective “Mad Hatter”class, who rule in JWland known as “The spiritual paradise” they are indeed living in a veritable paradise. A paradise where they have the ability to empower themselves to perform miracles. The most notable being the miracle of always being right even when completely wrong. So it’s no surprise that they have also given themselves the powers of life and death.

They thus have the powers needed to hand down death sentences or reprieves how ever the fancy takes them. It’s pointless having a power and not exercising it especially when it can be used to strengthen their power base and extend THEIR paradise.

So these past decades the “ fateful and disgusting serpent Mad Hatter” class have used these powers to the hilt and by their own admission left thousands dead in their wake and tens of thousands more grieving.

"In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue."
    Awake! - May 22, 1994, p.2

Yes, the sacrifice of human life, human sacrifices, to please their god by as is stated “putting God first”.

Why such human sacrifices? Because we are told that’s what their god requires and he is pleased by such sacrifices, just like the Canaanite gods were.

Such are the dire consequences of worshipping, thence sacrificing to, the watchtower gods and their idols. Their primary idol, the “governing body”, in an effort to subserviate its followers erects subsidiary idols to pay homage and sacrifices to such as blood.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

From what you're saying, this "mole" is soaking the organization by collecting a paycheck (and pension) and is pretending to believe in something he doesn't. If so, he's rationalizing his beliefs, kind of like someone who is against second amendment rights and being in the NRA, collecting a salary and secretly sending their enemies information.

I have to comment on this, even though it has been addressed.

The "mole" collects a small monthly stipend (no salary) that nobody could possible live on or make a profit from. And there is no pension in this organization. If you leave, you have to go to work at some secular job. The alternative is to stay until you die, if they'll have you.

As for secretly sending enemies information, this sort of info is invaluable in undermining a secretive mind control cult like the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses. What does he hope to accomplish? Gathering and releasing this information. That makes his staying in the cult compound* worthwhile.

(*Note: just for emphasis, the various Watchtower "Bethel homes" are NOT places of employment, they are cult compounds dressed up to look like respectable corporate headquarters of a religious organization.)

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

And I had to laugh at the new WTBTS expression "mature adolescent". This from the organisation that has spent years telling such ones that they are in "the bloom of youth" and too immature to make important decisions on their own (such as dating or deciding what education they should have). And how does the Societies term harmonise with their definition as given below.

Oh, that's rich. But they're allowed to make the important decision of being baptised when they're 12 or 13 or younger which means if they have an epiphany about the Society later on in life and decide they want to leave it they will lose their families, too.

• alamb
    alamb

Document for legal guardian (non-JW) parent to file with courts and hospitals to counter the No Blood Card. Remember to attach your legal documents in regard to custody also.

Date:___________________________________________________________

Name of Minor:___________________________________________________

Name(s) of Legal Custodian(s):_________________________________________

I am a resident of the State of ____________, over the age of 18, and fully competent to make this statement.

I am a parent of the minor child, ___________________________. This minor is a resident of the state of _________.

It is my desire, in signing this document and making it available to you and your institution, to let it be know that I do not agree with and will not consent to the refusal of a blood transfusion or any similar, necessary medical treatment when it is deemed appropriate for the health of my child. The health and well-being of my child are of utmost importance to me and I respect the judgment of the medical community in this regard.
    I am aware that this child may be in possession of a medical identity card distributed by Jehovah's Witnesses. I am aware also, that the child's mother/father may be one of Jehovah's Witnesses and conscientiously object to medical treatment involving blood and/or blood products for medical use involving this child due to religious reasons. My child is not a baptized member of Jehovah's Witnesses and cannot fully understand the implications of taking a stand regarding a life threatening situation based on Biblical reasoning endorsed by another person. My child is also a minor and not legally capable or bound to a medical decision made on his own behalf.

I am not one of Jehovah's Witnesses and do not endorse this stand. As a parent to this child, I will be willing to sign waivers regarding the overriding of this document, if needed. I will also be willing to state this before a judge, if the matter is remanded to a court regarding the rights of my child.

I am attaching a copy of a recently published essay, "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, and the Tort of Misrepresentation," in the Autumn issue of Baylor University's Journal of Church and State, December 13, 2005.Information given to the Jehovah's Witness parent has been proven to be a misrepresentation of the facts regarding blood and it's use and I cannot agree with any decision not made without all the facts regarding a life-saving treatment.

I wish to be contacted in the event of a medical emergency involving this child. This may be objected to by the child's mother/father but I am a legally recognized parent to this child and this is the lawful course. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

I can be reached at:
    Address: _________________________________________________
    Phone:
    ___________________(home)
    _____________________(work)
    _______________(cellular)
    I have filed a copy of this with my attorney and a copy has been given to the child's mother/father.
    I thank you, in advance, for your consideration in this matter.
    Respectfully yours,

Your Name____________________________________________________

DATED this ________ day of _________, 2010.
    SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this _____ day of ___________, 2010.
    Notary Seal

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for the pdf. It is interesting the stuff that the WTS produces to protect the lives of the flock. Not for the now, but for the afterlife.

• Scully
    Scully

Parents can inform the court that they are refusing blood on deeply held religious grounds but are not refusing medical care and have no intention of "martyring" their child. This setting may not be the best time for parents to mention their strong faith in the resurrection, as this may convince the judge that they are unreasonable.

In other words, don't tell the truth about The Truth™, because it makes us look like delusional fanatics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit