Does this sound familiar?

by PSacramento 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woes_of_the_Pharisees

1. Hypocrisy: They taught about God but did not love God - they did not enter the kingdom of heaven themselves, nor did they let others enter. (Mat. 23:13-14)
    2. Hypocrisy: They preached God but converted people to dead religion, thus making those converts twice as much sons of hell as they themselves were. (Mat. 23:15)
    3. Hypocrisy: They taught that an oath sworn by the temple or altar was not binding, but that if sworn by the gold ornamentation of the temple, or by a sacrificial gift on the altar, it was binding. The gold and gifts, however, were not sacred in themselves as the temple and altar were, but derived a measure of lesser sacredness by being connected to the temple or altar. The teachers and Pharisees worshipped at the temple and offered sacrifices at the altar because they knew that the temple and altar were sacred. How then could they deny oath-binding value to what was truly sacred and accord it to objects of trivial and derived sacredness? (Mat. 23:16-22)
    4. Hypocrisy: They taught the law but did not practise some of the most important parts of the law - justice, mercy, faithfulness to God. They obeyed the minutiae of the law such as titheing spices but not the real meat of the law. (Mat. 23:23-24)
    5. Hypocrisy: They presented an appearance of being 'clean' (self-restrained, not involved in carnal matters), yet they were dirty inside: they seethed with hidden worldly desires, carnality. They were full of greed and self-indulgence. (Mat. 23:25-26)
    6. Hypocrisy - They exhibited themselves as righteous on account of being scrupulous keepers of the law, but were in fact not righteous: their mask of righteousness hid a secret inner world of ungodly thoughts and feelings. They were full of wickedness. They were like whitewashed tombs, beautiful on the outside, but full of dead men's bones. (Mat. 23:27-28)
    7. Hypocrisy: They professed a high regard for the dead prophets of old, and claimed that they would never have persecuted and murdered prophets, when in fact they were cut from the same cloth as the persecutors and murderers: they too had murderous blood in their veins. (Mat. 23:29-36)
  • Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

FITS THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY PERFECT.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

My responses/feedback/.02 cents:

1) They teach about their god Jehovah, but they love themselves more, promoting and praising themselves throughout their articles weekly. When they die, they will just be dried up bones and not go anywhere, they teach that only 144k will go to heaven though. Yup, sounds familiar.

2) If .001% of the worlds population being JW converts doesn't equate to a dead religion, I don't know what does. Yup, sounds familiar.

3)Sworn oath: Baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and God's Spirit-Directed Organization. Yup, sounds familiar.

4) The WTS has so many Rules and Regulations© that go beyond the scriptures it's laughable. Their Watchtower study lacks meat, lacks substance there is no spiritual fortitude behind the study. Yup, sounds familiar.

5) In appearance through their publications they present themselves clean, white, holy. UN NGO incident, nuff said. Yup, sounds familiar.

6) Can't say it better than that. Yup, sounds familiar.

7) If Jesus were to come back today, the WTS would disfellowship him and kill him if they could.

Good thread PSac!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It's funny but when I came across that I had to do a double take, LOL !

I've been meaning to post it for awhile.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

It's quite amazing at how outright their lying has become.

They say they do not have a clergy class. Oh really? What type of hierarchy is having titles and positions within the org i.e. Publishers, Pioneers, Ministerial Servants, Elders, Circuit Overseers, District Overseers, Zone Overseers, Branch Overseers, GOVERNING BODY? Those look like CLASSES to me!

The WTS is nothing more than a Pharisaical Cult specializing in lies and hypocrisy.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I guess you guys aren't closet fans of the Society, huh? Just a guess.

Hey PSacramento. I like it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

One can easily see this very same characteristics is all organized religions, this is true and oen shouldn't ignore the 2 x 4 in our eye to concentrate on the speck of dust in anothers.

That said, the very notion or organized religion begets hypocracy and as long as there is a "self critical" view, it at least has some hope, but with the WT and thier "self proclamation" of being the sole truth, then what you have is the ultimate example of Hypocracy.

Far beyond that of the RCC they so envy.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

From what you write, PSacramento, you eschew all organised religions?

• wobble
    wobble

New Light has beamed forth,a new name is born,to replace the old 1931 "JW's".

"Jehovah's Hypocrites"

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    From what you write, PSacramento, you eschew all organised religions?

The moment soemthing becomes "big enough" it needs to be organized, it's human nature.

But never should the organization stifle or opress indivdual expression.

And organised religions tend to do that.

I am not against organised religion per say, but I am against a heirarchy in religion that dictates it's views above those of the body of the "church", hence I can never be a RCC or a JW ( to name only two).

Organized religion breeds hypocracy, whereas ( from my expereince) individual expressions of faith tend to breed and express humility and love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit