What made you leave?? What were your core reasons?

by safireblu64 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome Safireblu64,

You remind me of the struggles my sons have had leaving. I their Mom left first after their middle brother died as a result of auto accident and no blood transfusions. At the time Dak was 15 when he died riding home from a Sunday meeting. My other two sons were 17 & 13 and the death of one of my sons threw us all into turmoil none of us could have even considered. I left right away, over the next 2 years they left too but it was a struggle. Dealing with the pain, the WTS betrayal, finding out all the lies, seeing so called friends turn their backs on us and shun us even family members. As the pain eased we began to see life was so much richer and colorful than we ever dreamed, it was better. Be patient with yourself it gets better as the time stretches out between this life and that life.

Ruth

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Ruth I'm so sorry I was in tears reading your post, I couldn't imagine!

For me it was the molestation of my 9 year old daughter by a very loved and respected ex-elder that sent us over the edge. The way we were treated by our "shepherds" at a most tragic time was shocking and eye opening! We really suffered as a family for a good few years dealing with a trial and the trying to make sure our child was helped all while we were devastated was the hardest thing we ever went through.

We are currently inactive and not planning on going back.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I was raised in from 10 and left at about 36 after being a reg pio M/S.

I could no longer bear the internal war between the fleshly man and the spiritual man. My self perception was that i was so evil and lost, i could never overcome my demons and i quit.

I wanted to be just a normal person, I wanted to be free. Free to do anything and everything i wanted, and free to NOT do things i was obligated to do, expected to do.

I had spent 26 years squashing the authentic me down until he just ripped mr spirituals head clean off the body.

I then spent 11 years finally free to be me, all the time believing that the price for my freedom and happiness would be my death by Jehovah at Armageddon.

Then a year ago i found this site and lost all sense of guilt and doom.

This site changed my life, i owe it and those on it a huge debt of gratitude

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit