Door-to-Door Ministry in the UK: What is it Like?

by leavingwt 13 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

They come to my UK door looking self conscious and awkward. They offer me tracts and scuffle away. I don't give much away but last time a male and female presented themselves, I told them:

"My father was a die hard JW. He believed that he was going to live forever. Guess what he's dead. Do you know what he said to me before he died? Nothing! He refused to talk to me because I didn't believe he was going to live forever.

They offered their condolences and scurried away faster than a white rabbit who is late for a very important date. I took a sip of amber liquid from a bottle marked, 'do not share,' and went for a walk with my walrus.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Field service in the UK requires lots of RV's that invite you in and provide tea and cakes.

I had 30 RV's, most of which were handed to me by an old brother in my group. I enjoyed FS, like wobble, living in the countryside meant when I was doing 1st call it was just a long walk. I never expected anyone to convert, the RV's were just friendly not spiritual.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I found it to be really boring. Door after door with nobody in, or no one willing to answer the doorbell.

There were pockets of Born again Christians (very often a whole street) who would open the door and start praising the Lord and telling you that only Jesus saves. As a J dub that didn't bode well at all because we all know, only the GB deserves praise and only the GB saves, so we would just leg it as quickly as we could.

In general the area I came from the people really were not interested.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you Blues Brother,

Wasblind seem to be over lookin' a lot of good post lately

I need to go have my eyes checked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit