"MARRY ONLY IN THE LORD"CRUEL LAW FOR WOMEN

by jam 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

I HAVE SEEN ADS FOR WOMEN LOOKING FOR MEN THAT LOVE THE LORD, THAT,S OK

YOU HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON. BUT I HAVE NOTICE THAT CAN BE A BIG MISTAKE.

FOR EXAMPLE, MY BROTHER IS A WIDOWER AND HAVE TRIED DATING WOMEN IN HIS

CHURCH. THE LAST LADY HE DATED SHE LOVE THE LORD AND I MEAN SHE LOVE THE LORD.

SO WHATS WRONG WITH LOVING THE LORD, IT SHOULD BE A BALANCE.

IN THE JW WORLD IT,S WORST, VERY FEW BROTHERS AND TONS OF SISTERS. I KNEW

A SISTER 32YRS.OLD MARRIED A BROTHER 19YRS. OLD, SHE RAISE THAT YOUNG MAN.

IT,S NOT THE SISTERS FAULT IT,S GOD LAW. ANOTHER SISTER MARRIED A YOUNG

BROTHER, SHE WAS 40YRS. OLD HE WAS 20, DIVORCE AFTER 6 MOS. NOW THE

STRANG THING ABOUT THIS SISTER SHE WAS VERY ATTRACTIVE BUT SHE WAS

TRYING TO WORK WITHIN GOD,S LAW. SOMETIMES IT WORKS FOR THE SISTERS

BUT IN MANY CASES IT,S A DISASTER. WOMEN, BEFORE ONE OF YOU TELL ME

WHATS WRONG WITH A OLDER WOMAN WITH A YOUNG, NOTHING. THE POINT

IAM MAKING THE FIELD IS LIMITED IN JW WORLD AND IAM SURE THE WOMEN

HAVE LOWER THIER STANDARDS,TO MARRY IN THE LORD.

• Broken Promises
  • jam
    jam

Thanks, keys stuck. Sorry about that.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I'm astounded they found young brothers to marry with! We have a proverb in Romania: "A mature chicken in combination with a fresh carrot make a great soup".

• dgp
    dgp

I've read every time that this thing about "marrying only in the Borg" severely affects women. I don't deny it, but I believe it also affects men. Not that I have anything against a 32 year old marrying a 19 year old, if that is what they freely want, but, how come the brother in question chose to marry someone so much older than himself?

I also believe that this thing of "marrying only in the Borg" is very hypocritical. If you happen to be married by the time you convert, then supposedly they won't ask you to leave your spouse. Let us play the Borg's advocate this time: How come?

I believe that this is all about telling people what they should do and who they should do it with.

• shepherd
    shepherd

I cannot see how this 'law' is any more cruel to women than it is to men. It reduces the options for both sexes. Even if there are more sisters than brothers, if they are all less attractive and less interesting than the 'girl next door' who is out-of-bounds, it is still no choice. Same for the girls - if there are less men available in the circuit, but none of them widens her pupils, then there might as well be none.

• jay88
    jay88

Marrying only in the lord could also mean (heart condition)---so it doesn't have to mean same religion. If I was a JW woman or man

I would marry and date/associate with whoever I wanted.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Marrying only in the lord could also mean (heart condition)---so it doesn't have to mean same religion.

I would not be so sure about that. Most Christians have no problem what-so-ever with holiday celebration and some even enjoy it and want the whole family to participate with them. If the spouse is a witness, this will make such a season less than enjoyable since the witness spouse is looking at it all as a tool of Satan.

Then there are the associations. Witnesses consider all individuals who are not witnesses to be 'bad associations' regardless of how good that person is. A very offensive position indeed.

If I was a JW woman or man I would marry and date/associate with whoever I wanted.

I doubt the former witnesses here would agree that it is THAT easy.

• jay88
    jay88

I would not be so sure about that. Most Christians have no problem what-so-ever with holiday celebration and some even enjoy it and want the whole family to participate with them. If the spouse is a witness, this will make such a season less than enjoyable since the witness spouse is looking at it all as a tool of Satan.

>>>>>>>>>>

That's true......I guess the cougar/ cub thing will be a common theme....HIDE YOUR SONS, the sister's are playing (rock,paper,scissors) to see who get first dibs.

I doubt the former witnesses here would agree that it is THAT easy.

>>>>>>>>

that maybe true, but damn if I haven't seen witness women marry an unbeliever.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JAM,

In my opinion, this advice is self-serving to the religion. I believe they want a certain amount of 'old maids' and other unattached women around to do favors for all the USERS in the religion!

If these women were to get married - they would NOT be available to act as free home-health aides, chauffeurs or prepare meals for the CO, etc. The religion KNOWS this. They are aware that if they approach a married woman and try to get HER to do favors her husband might tell them off! Not to mention the fact they might figure a single person might leave them some money, whereas if she got married she would leave it to her family instead.

I believe if the demographics were reversed (if there were more MEN than women) the religion would be singing a different tune. They would make all kinds of excuses for these 'poor' brothers and wouldn't give a rats ass who they married, as long as they stayed in the religion.

What a crock, besides if you want to be technical and just go by the Bible, 'marry only in the Lord' would mean ANY person in any christian denomination, not just a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit