When my jw dies should I go to the service at the hall ?

by Hairyhegoat 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

I am been shunned by the rest of the JW family, and feel that to make a point when my dad dies my family( ex jw ) will not be going to the service at the kingdom hell. We need to get our own back on these morons in the family and see how they like been shunned for not going to weddings and receptions in the family sod them all.

H.H.G

• Satanus
    Satanus

Could you ex's get the funeral into another place, besides the hall? Could you get a nonjw to do the service? F#$%^ all the jws.

S

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

No he has beeen in for 60 years and it's his life, so we are all in a sticky position.

Thanks for your comments

H.H.G

• Satanus
    Satanus

I see. Good to respect his wishes, then. Perhaps, some useful comments will be forthcoming.

S

• yknot
    yknot

If it can't be moved from the KH maybe consider additional graveside services for ExJWs

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

I am dreading this, I don't even think anyone in our family will even tell us if anyone dies, we will probably find out after they have had the funeral. It is all so surreal.

RosePetal

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Great suggestion Yknot..I wish I had done that when my hubby died. We had a memorial at the KH for him..ugh, I hated going back there. I actually was afraid I would get sucked back in as they would probably be on their best loving behavior..but I saw through them..maybe one or two was sincere..

All I could remember was , Where were they when he was sick and needed their encouragement?

I couldn't get out of there fast enough..

The kids were right behind me..

Snoozy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Skip the service at the Kingdom Hall..

Go to the Wake..

You get to skip all the WBT$ Bullshit..And..

Still be respectfull to your Dad..

............... ...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I am been shunned by the rest of the JW family, and feel that to make a point when my dad dies my family( ex jw ) will not be going to the service at the kingdom hell.

Go. Don't stoop to their level of shunning. If for no other reason, show to yourself that you are not a petty, stupid, irrational asshole like they are.

I say go. I went to my Dad's KH funeral and even started a thread about it. He was always close with me and never shunned me, though. That being said, I'm only expressing my opinion. In the very end, you must do what is right for you to do for your own mental health and sanity.

Farkel

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

In the very end, you must do what is right for you to do for your own mental health and sanity.

Wise words.

There is no "should" in this situation. Just do what is right for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit