Hello Everyone

by Retrovirus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome to you.

Loz x

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Thank you all for the welcomes and helpful suggestions. I wish I'd met you earlier, except perhaps for Mouthy! It is good to think of it as an escape, initially it felt like rejection. I had no idea I could be manipulated so easily.

Since it wasn't self-confidence that kept me safe, I'd credit my education No wonder the WBTS is wary of it.

One way our family was dysfunctional, my father would "shun" one of us kids at a time, sometimes for days. Just not acknowledge that we existed. I do know how that hurts and very sincerely feel for you who have limited or no contact with family.

Retro

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

My stepfather did that to me ...awful. It hurts not having my adult kids in my life...more than I can ever say....take care and keep coming back here its a place to be real.

Loz x

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi Retro! Welcome!

I agree with Satanus- the literature and constant meetings causes the WT teachings to seep deep into your mind and you just accept them. ( Well, until something wakes you up enough that you question things). I don't think that witnesses KNOW they are teaching anything false. They have such confidence in the F&DS class (GB) they feel there is no need to check things, if it's in the literature it must be true. I used to feel that way too.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

It's tough to overcome the WT mindset. Too bad your relationship with a SIL you seemed to have liked has been affected by WT nonsense. Ask a witness too good of a question, you might not have to see them again. It's a shame.

Welcome to the forum!

• Newborn
    Newborn

Welcome

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Retro! My Dad's an MS but no one else in the family are JW on his side and only a few on my Mom's side. It was my Mom's Dad who converted from Catholicism to JW sometime back in the 1950s I think it was (definitely before I was born). My Mom has been gone over 8 years now.

One way our family was dysfunctional, my father would "shun" one of us kids at a time, sometimes for days.

My Dad shuns my younger brother and his family. This has been ongoing for years now. Actually, more than 10 years. They came up this past summer to visit with him as I keep my bro. informed of what's going on with Dad as he's starting to decline. Dad had also said he wanted to see the grandchildren before he died but would never call them to set up a visit. Our father missed out on his grandkids' teenage years. They are all adults now. Our father is so messed up because of this cult.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome.

Bangalore

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome to you! Thanks for sharing. You've come to the right place to share the journey of awakening!

I wish you all the best!

Hadit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit