still in .. wishing for a ttatt brother in the hall

by user100 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Don't assume that those who appear to be on the fringe, or inactive, or irregular attenders are ones who know TTATT.

Often these ones are still very much full of the guilt ridden cult mindset....and will snap back to such quickly.

Surprisingly, most here who started to wake up and learnt the TTATT were on outward appearances the "perfect witnesses", many were appointed men, or pioneers!

So don't betray your hand re your real thoughts JUST because another person is a "weak" witness...

• user100
    user100
    @stuckinarut2: I agree with you...
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome user100, Since your wife still believes, how would your wife respond to you inviting JWs to get together and do some fun, time-consuming, and non-JW activities? Go surfing, go to the beach, go bike riding, learn to dance socially, go to a batting cage, go golfing, play tennis, go out to nice restaurants, etc. If you can invite/meet non-JWs, who your wife might like, at every opportunity.

When you are with JWs just ask simple questions about how JWs feel and maybe make comments that they look down, frustrated, etc. Don't every reveal your feelings except to say you believe in freedom of speech and that you are there for them to listen. Wait a long time to plant any seeds of doubt or attempting to overcome WTBTS thought-stopping platitudes.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Magnum
    Magnum
    I also agree with stuckinarut2.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

SIAR2: Surprisingly, most here who started to wake up and learnt the TTATT were on outward appearances the "perfect witnesses", many were appointed men, or pioneers!

That was me. I continued serving as an elder for 6 or 7 years as I gradually became increasingly aware that the WTBTS is a cult.

The last couple of years I tried to get my family out. When it became clear that I was never going to awaken my now-ex-wife, I tried to get my kids out with me. That didn't work either. Finally I just had to get out by myself for my own sanity.

I'm still working on reaching my kids, but it's hard as they shun me even though I am not DF'd, simply inactive.

• stillin
    stillin
    Well, I would be glad to talk with you at one of the get-togethers! I find, though, that some in the congregation who know that I am inactive seem to want to "catch me up" in some thing original that I may say. It's ridiculous! You can't even have a vocabulary with these people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit