How many used to beat their car’s to death in field service?

by life is to short 19 Replies latest jw friends

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Ahh, the car that Mr. Bean hates, groovy.

Winter driving for field service was actually quite productive (counted in time) as you had perfect excuse to drive so slowly, so slowly.

CP

• asilentone
    asilentone

wtwizard, you have pm

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

I don't miss those days at all. So glad it's all behind me.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

We had one car but hubby and I inherited his recently deceased JW grandpa's car. It was in the late 60's. A Rambler stationwagon..

I was so greatful to have a car ,having 3 school age kids that sometimes needed a ride, that I wanted to thank Jehovah for our blessing ( wasn't a blessing for his grandpa, he died.) and so I pioneered the next month. I vowed to use it to further the work..We did wear it out. Picking up others for meetings and service..

We decided to take it on a trip to Colorado one year and it was so tired it barely got up the mountains..lol.

Snoozy...

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

I go one even better. My jw dad used to teach jw's how to drive ,ON a stick shift car no less. well one day while dad was giving this dumb as a rock jw a driving lesson he tried to get onto the interstate highway jumped 3 mediums and would not stop as my dad was screaming hit the BRAKE. WELL WE FINALLY STOPPED AFTER hitting A FENCE POLE that went through the motor only 2 feet from speeding 60 mph traffic. at a 90 degree angle. they all got out of the car and thanked Jehovah for saving us. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. i KNOW THIS IS TRUE I WAS SITTING IN THE BACK SEAT. THIS stupid jw almost killed 4 people. he killed one thing the car.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

yup i was the poor pioneer that always had my car used because it was the only one that would take the abuse. snow? snow was never mentioned as an excuse. We were stuck many many times in driveways and had to get the householder to help us out. I remember getting stuck in one driveway and the householder was cursing at us to leave but we had to get out and push the car because it was stuck in snow. another time I almost killed the CO because we were stuck and he got out to help push and the car started to lean tword a tree and he was between the tree and the car... i don't think i was on his good list after that...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

and muflers were like candy went thru many because I went over something that i shouldn't have...

• Open mind
    Open mind

Where I grew up there was quite a bit of rural territory and yes, we thrashed our cars.

I wrote a little memoir about it a while back if you want to have a read.

Here's the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/139069/1/Damaging-property-and-driveways-in-Field-Service-The-good-old-days

Any chance your hubby will ever wake up to the true nature of JWism?

om

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

You're so right LITS ...it is insane. Good that we've all learned it on here.

Loz x

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

oh and my ex believed it was better to use NO heat or AC so that you didn't get used to it and not want to get out of the car!!! I love being free of that crap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit