McDonalds Prohibited?

by DakotaRed 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Nah, they wouldn't go after Mickie D's. Not because there isn't substantiation for the company's [and many other fast food places and restaurants in general] contributing to poor nutrition. The real reason is that the guys in Brooklyn like junk food too much.

Remember when they used to serve meals at the Conventions/Assemblies? I remember when they took diet soft drinks off of the menu in that they shouldn't be served because of the [at that time a big topic in the news] danger of artificial sweeteners. Yeah, right. But they gave us the lard bucket versions of the golden arches "Egg McMuffin". Not to mention the deep fried chicken, the preservative super-charged lunch meats, etc. With the exception of the fruit bags, everything else seemed to be high fat/carb/sodium based items.

Funny, I remember how many of us looked forward to eating that gunk. I guess it was really that subconsciously we really hated the talks and couldn't wait for a break, even if it was for lousy food.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Funny you should mention this. On Saturday we went to MacDonalds since my son requested and it had been a while. While waiting at stop lights to pull in to McDs I noticed the 4 door sedan behind was occupied by a middled-aged man in suit and tie and a young man, (maybe his son) wearing a white dress shirt without tie.

I thought, is this a post field-service treat? The kid might have taken off his tie so as not to look like a total dork, after all, who wears a tie during the week let alone on a Saturday?

OK, I invented this whole life-story for the odd couple in the grey Oldsmobile. I was disappointed that they went through the drive-through while we ate inside. I was hoping to eavesdrop and maybe cadge a Watchtower if my instinct was right.

Poor kid, made to wear a tie on Saturday; don't ban MacDonalds, it might be the only thing that makes being a JW bearable.

Thirdson

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Poor kid, made to wear a tie on Saturday

Freedom is not having to wear a tie/

Cheers,
    Ozzie (of the freedom lovers class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit