The Nasa Announcement

by bohm 49 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

Are anyone here excited about what they are going to report today at the astro-biological announcement? I keep checking my local-time-zone to EST converter :-).

• james_woods
    james_woods

There was a thread yesterday about this - BTS suggested that it is to announce the finding of trace amounts of Oxygen and CO2 on the Saturn moon Rhea -

I think it is scheduled for about an hour and a half from now.

• sir82
    sir82

Maybe they found a black obelisk?

I could handle Arthur C. Clarke being only 9 years off!

• bohm
    bohm

My initial guess was a new set of amino acids in space, possibly a meteorite.

Well you can hope :-).

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think they've established the extraterrestrial origin of Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwiches!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btXC_Y4BetQ&feature=player_embedded#!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Below is the text of the news alert I received from the Washington Post. If this is true, it's significant.

NASA research finds a life form that on the molecular level is unlike all others on Earth. The bacterium, found in a lake in California, is strong evidence that life may not have evolved from a single common ancestor.
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm not sure I fully "get" the implications of the quote, leavingwt. Didn't scientists strongly suspect that live evolved relatively simultaneously in many places already? Would this be evidence supporting that hypothesis? Or do the implications go beyond earth? If more than one type of life form can evolve on one small planet, how many billions of types of life forms might there be in the universe?

Am I on the right track? I feel like I'm missing something.

• leavingwt
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Maybe they found a black obelisk?
    I could handle Arthur C. Clarke being only 9 years off!

Nah, it's bigger than that. They're announcing the construction of a new space station where humans and aliens can hang out. Here are a few of the key individuals in this undertaking.

• bohm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit