Reprints of Pastor Russell Quotes

by moneypenny 16 Replies latest jw friends

• mike047
    mike047

Alleymom, No, you didn't miss it. I put it in inbetween our postings.
    Have fun, there is a lot there to go through.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

poke my eyes out with a sharp stick!!
    Thanks mike.
    Just had a quick look, anyone interested, I might recommend the Watchtower of August 1889 article "protestants awake!".
    Read it and weep....

Alleymom.
    That is from "Finished mystery" .
    Rutherford getting carried away.
    Russell never went so far, he was much more modest.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Refiner's fire,

>>> Just had a quick look, anyone interested, I might recommend the Watchtower of August 1889 article "protestants awake!".
    Read it and weep.... <<<<

Thanks, I just read it. There are some amazing passages. If you substitute "Governing Body" or "F&DS" wherever Russell speaks of the "clergy class" you see that his warning about the dangers of a two-class system is right on the money today.

Marjorie

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Isnt knowledge a wonderful thing Marjorie?
    There are some other excellent articles recommended in the other thread related to this one, "Russell quotes" by Larc.
    Check them out.They pertain to the "faithful and discreet slave".

Further to the subject of "organization" and Russell:

WT September 1888,-"Be not entangled again"
    WT December 1888,- "The Council at Jerusalem"
    WT June 1889- "Mistaken expediency"
    WT August 1889-"Protestants awake!"

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Refiners fire,

There are some other excellent articles recommended in the other thread related to this one, "Russell quotes" by Larc.
    Check them out.They pertain to the "faithful and discreet slave".
    Thank you, I would never have found that thread if you hadn't pointed it out to me. This board has so much activity that it is hard to find good stuff from posts started more than a few days ago. Or maybe I just don't know how the system works. I'm spoiled, I'm used to Compuserve forums which are threaded differently.

But thanks very much. I've enjoyed reading the articles.

Marjorie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I use the CD-ROM "Berean Bible Studies" available from the Bereans, or maybe the Chicago Bible Students. It's got all of CT Russell's works, including the Photo-Drama of Creation on it.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• RR
    RR
    I have been trying to find an online source for quotes regarding Russell's belief that he himself fulfilled the prophecy of Ezekiel 9:2 about the man in white linen with a writer's inkhorn at his side.

There is supposed to be a section on this in The Finished Mystery, pp. 417 and following.

Does anyone have this?

THE FINISHED MYSTERY was NOT writen by Russell, so you would not find such comments in his writeings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit