An interesting talk with my father

by Soldier77 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

We're with you, Soldier. Hang in there, buddy, and best of luck with your dad and sisters.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Soldier it is so wicked how the organization took over our minds
    Just lets hope your Dad sees the love in you...not conditional love
    .My daughter is still under the mindcuffs too.

Glad you are able to vent,,We need to at times. Good luck

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It's nice to come here and let go and vent, takes a weight off.

• mouthy
    mouthy

SOLDIER

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

It's good you dad will have you, and good for you to have him in your life now. This is terrible how the organization breaks up families. Vent away.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

You are so right S77 it is so frustrating when our families cannot see the mind control, like you it makes me so angry and frustrated, when some of us are seeing it so clearly, and they are not. We just have to patient and hope they do. It does sound like your father is starting to wake up.

I have had a few instances the last few months with family that have hit home the cruelty and hurt of the mind control, I have been so upset and shaken. So it is so comforting to share how we feel with each other and that we are not alone. Sometimes just when I think I am getting on with my life something happens to remind me of the control of the Org. over our family.

it's great we can all have a good vent. I wish you and your dad all the best. Good luck

RosePetal

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I like that, while you may have regrets about how your dad was when you were younger, you are not bitter about it. When you told him you would be there for him whenever he needed.......brought tears to my eyes.

THAT is true unconditional love.

You are a good person, Soldier.......

Palm

• dinah
    dinah

I agree with Palmtree.

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ mouthy:

"mindcuffs"

I like it.

Great OP as well.

om

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I was impressed also with how you are able to be there for your dad, be able to verbally express your love and conviction to "be there for him" no matter what happened in the past, and future-

as a "born-in" ex-JW I still struggle with the "cutting people off" mentality, especially if the loved one, as you put it "made some wrong decisions in the past". It can be hard to let the past go and see someone as a good person, even if they made life choices that we would not have made.

You are very zen about it & I want to be like that too- thanks for sharing

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit