The mathematical probability of spontaneous order (no designer/creator)

by Fernando 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Have you ever see a law make itself.? Even if ''the law is an ass," it is still a law, albeit with an asinine framer.

Nope. Natural laws came into existence long before we were around to see anything. Why do you think anyone would have been alive to see that? Before we existed?

If 10^37 universes came into existence just to have the possibility of this one planet? sharpen your O razors.

That's a ridiculous claim that no one has made.

• recovering
    recovering

There has already been an experiment that proves it is possible.

The Miller–Urey experiment[1] (or Miller experiment)[2] was a chemical experiment that simulated the conditions thought at the time to be present on the early Earth, and tested the chemical origin of life. Specifically, the experiment tested Alexander Oparin's and J. B. S. Haldane's hypothesis that conditions on the primitive Earth favoured chemical reactions that synthesized more complex organic compounds from simpler inorganic precursors. Considered to be the classic experiment investigating abiogenesis, it was conducted in 1952[3] by Stanley Miller, under the supervision of Harold Urey, at the University of Chicago and later the University of California, San Diego and published the following year.[4][5][6]

After Miller's death in 2007, scientists examining sealed vials preserved from the original experiments were able to show that there were actually well over 20 different amino acids produced in Miller's original experiments. That is considerably more than what Miller originally reported, and more than the 20 that naturally occur in life.[7] There is abundant evidence of major volcanic eruptions 4 billion years ago, which would have released carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrogen (N2), hydrogen sulfide (H2S), and sulfur dioxide (SO2) into the atmosphere. Experiments using these gases in addition to the ones in the original Miller experiment have produced more diverse molecules.[8] More recent evidence suggests that Earth's original atmosphere might have had a different composition from the gas used in the Miller experiment. But prebiotic experiments continue to produce simple to complex compounds under varying conditions.[9]

• Viviane
    Viviane
    This does not require an intelligence to create the laws, the laws just are. 2+2=4 regardless of whether any intelligence exists to realise it. Nobody had to 'invent' the fact that 2+2=4, it just is.

Math is straight from babby Jesus and is held together and werks becuase of Gods Wholly Srprit!

http://www.christianperspective.net/math/god-and-math/

Checkmate!

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Viviane2 minutes ago
    This does not require an intelligence to create the laws, the laws just are. 2+2=4 regardless of whether any intelligence exists to realise it. Nobody had to 'invent' the fact that 2+2=4, it just is.

Math is straight from babby Jesus and is held together and werks becuase of Gods Wholly Srprit!

Checkmate!

You know, I really don't typically like your posts.

But this is damn hilarious. I can't stop laughing.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You know, I really don't typically like your posts.

I know.

But this is damn hilarious. I can't stop laughing.

It is. If you like that, then this one will really crack you up with the level of derpitude.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kondrich/141017

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

@Viv

oh my god... I cannot believe what I just read.

• prologos
    prologos

Simon, re: your time paragraph, -How about time being the radius dimension through which the balloon membrane we live in expands? In our formulae, graphs, tme is always at right angles, -normal- to the space dimension. With time a given, the dimension dilemma becomes manageable. and

there was a time when there was no life on earth, it's rise is entirely possible from what we have.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    How about time being the radius dimension through which the balloon membrane we live in expands? In our formulae, graphs, tme is always at right angles, -normal- to the space dimension. With time a given, the dimension dilemma becomes manageable.

Time and space are the same thing so... no.

• maksutov
    maksutov

Viviane: Math is straight from babby Jesus and is held together and werks becuase of Gods Wholly Srprit!

Checkmate!

Oh, I didn't know that. My bad. Wow, God is very generous - he makes sure one and one always equal two even for an atheist like me! He didn't have to do that (apparently).

• kairos
    kairos

I thought the answer was in the book:

LIFE- How did it get here?
    By evolution or creation?

Pg. 44 pp18:

The proteins needed for life have very complex molecules. What is the chance of even a simple protein molecule forming at random in an organic soup? Evolutionists acknowledge it to be only one in 10¹¹³ (1 followed by 113 zeros). But any event that has one chance in just 10^50 is dismissed by mathematicians as never happening. An idea of the odds, or probability, involved is seen in the fact that the number 10¹¹³ is larger than the estimated total number of all the atoms in the universe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit