Has a local needs talk been given about you?

by Jadeen 18 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Yes, when my wife and I were getting married, we decided not to have the wedding in the kingdom hall. In addition to that, she has a family member who is DF'd and we invited her to the wedding. So they actually changed the schedule to move the local needs up 3 weeks so they could warn everyone not to go to our wedding. So in response to that we canceled the wedding, uninvited everyone but our closest friends and relatives, and basicly told everyone to go fuck themselves hard. We had a beautiful ceramony outside on a perfect day and whoever mattered to us was there, and it was great. Best decision we made. It also helped me to get out of being an MS. I was deleted as an MS after not obeying the elders. One final note, it wasent that the DF family member was invited that was the issue, it was not having the wedding in the kingdom hall. When the elders met with me about the issue they told me they would look the other way when it came to DF relatives if I had the wedding in the kingdom hall, but if I didnt have it in the kingdom hall, they would delete me as a MS. I told them to delete me as I dont play politics and they should get a sub for the instruction talk since I am done as a MS effective immediatly. This was one of the key "bell ringing" moments that was the first domino in me waking up to the truth that I was in fact, in a cult.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Haha, chickpea! Your son is so lucky to have a supportive mom like you!

Yourmomma, the problem was not having the ceremony at the Hall? WTF... I like your reaction. Screw them!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

About 20 years ago, I wanted to go skydiving with my uncle. My husband was dead against it, but never one to be the submissive wife, I said I was going anyway. I guess he talked to the elders about my lack of obedience, because the very next special needs talk was about not needlessly endangering our lives by engaging in extreme sports such as skydiving.

Sorry, to say, I was young and caved to the pressure. Now, I'm too old and stiff and sore to go.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Yes .... Several while I was in...........

and I heard threw the Grape Vine a couple after I turned to the Dark side.

Makes you feel like a total Asshole when you realize ..... Hey this is about me!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Scott77
    Scott77

I was a special needs talk many years ago when I left.But more recent I was the subject at my fathers funeral, the major part of the discourse was about the prodigal son.All non- JW's were truly disgusted as nothing was said in honor of my father. The talk was given by the CO.

Woody22

OMG! I believe this is adding insult to injury or robbing salt into one's wounds. CO as a master idiot, he should have known better. Sorry Woody22

Scott77

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I was told they had a local needs about me and how someone can become non-repentant after they once were repentant... then another one on how the congregation didn't need to encourage weak ones it was the elders responsability... that way everyone could shun me?! oh the love

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Certainly, unfortunatelly I was so dumb, I didn't understood it concerned me.

CP

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I had one, or so I'm told (it was after I quit the Borg). The topic was on how to treat rebellious ones (shun people who refuse to meet with the elders - they're guilty of something until they either confess or prove they're innocent).

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I know of 2 situations when a publick talk is definetly generated by one's actions:

1. The marking discourse. When one marries a worldling he/she will be "marked".

2. After one has commited a gross sin and has been reproved in a JC, a few weeks later a public talk is given. The theme of the talk is the specific sin for which the reproval was issued.

In both cases the name of the person involved is not mentioned during the talk, but the elders speak in private with those close to the individual in question and warn them about the perils of associating with the "reproved" or "marked" JW. They are free however to join them in field service. Reproval and marking are always accompanied by the loss of MS or elder status as far as I recall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit