Do you believe that Armstrong was really on the moon?

by Newborn 43 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

He definitely did. All of the "evidence" disputing the moon landing have all been disproven time and time again. Like with the JFK assassination and 9/11, there will always be people who doubt just for the sake of doubting.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Nobody owns the moon.

True, for the most part, dear Eric (peace to you!). Although, the Lunar Embassy Corporation believes differently...

There's international law that says you can't make claims on celestial bodies. This is actually a problem for private companies that are thinking about mining or building structures on the moon.

There is: the 1967 Outer Space Treaty, which has so far been ratified by 100 or so UN member countries, including the United States. Problem is twofold: (1) it only applies to UN members, and (2) parties to treaties (particularly the U.S.) are known for breaking them when their interests change. Right now, no benefit in colonizing the moon. Then... who knows? Promise you, the U.S. will lay the largest, if not the first, claim. And do it based on the rule of "discovery."

There is water on the moon. Lot's of it. It's in the regolith.

While the regolith contains quite a bit of oxygen and other substances it doesn't necessarily contain hydrogen except perhaps in areas close to the moon's "south pole." Since that region sees no sunlight (thus, no heat, and so "freezes") that would make sense. Not much anywhere else, however.

See LCROSS mission, which also took pictures of the Apollo landing sites where the LM stages and footprints are visible. Lots of science was done on the moon. The data is still used to help understand the origin of the moon, and how planets and moons formed in the solar system.

Yes, regarding analysis of the debris that plumed after impact in the Cabeus crater... again, near the moon's "south pole."

Frankly, I don't care whether there's water on the moon... or who owns the moon (if anyone). I do believe, however, that men went there, literally, based on nothing more than an understanding of property rights. Back then, there was literally a "race" between Russia and the U.S. to get to the moon first. The U.S. did... and planted its flag, and I promise you it was about more than just commemorating the event. The Cold War was still in full force and effect and there was NO WAY the U.S. was going to allow Russia (whom they did NOT trust) to get there and lay claim first. No way.

I bid you peace, dear Eric... and thanks for the additional information!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Yizuman
  • Yizuman
  • Simon
    Simon

I think that if he *wasn't* then the Russians would have blown the story.

They didn't, so he was.

• dgp
    dgp

Why would they lie about it?

As to this being similar to believing in God, well, no, it isn't. The NASA did have a space program in place. Many people could see that. They broadcast the thing. If we believe the Gospels, Jesus chose to hide, instead of paying a visit, to, say, the Sanhedrin. Sounds like Jesus was less "transparent".

• Scully
    Scully

There was a recently aired episode of Mythbusters that debunked the flat-earth society allegations that the lunar landing was a hoax.

http://mythbustersresults.com/nasa-moon-landing

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, I believe Herbert W. Armstrong walked on the moon.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Russians tracked them and so did Jodrell Bank - YES they landed on the moon.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Russians tracked them and so did Jodrell Bank - YES they landed on the moon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit