Shaving....Legs

by mindfield 38 Replies latest social physical

• Seeker
    Seeker

TR,

Move to France, Seeker. LOL!

TR

Believe me, I've thought of it. Between my intellectualism that goes over like a lead balloon here, or my independent political thought that doesn't conform to any of the accepted 'teams,' or my dislike of American religious extremism, or my views toward personal appearance, I just belong in Europe. I love America, but I seem to be one of the few left who do. Many other persons are only too happy to throw away the constitution while waving the flag mindlessly as they swallow the propaganda of the day while smugly thinking they are being a good American.

Basically, I just don't belong here anymore. If it wasn't so hard to emigrate while getting a job in the new country, I'd be long gone. Of course, who am I kidding? I am such a non-conformist, I don't belong anywhere.

• JanH
    JanH

Seeker,

It would probably be interesting for you to move to France and then be accused of being a rabid rightist.

Kinda funny, since I am centre-right here, and by American standards I am leftist. Heck, Mussolino would be a leftist in the US! K, feel free to ignore the flame bait, folks.

I am pretty partial to shaving for women myself. I am not too concerned about the legs, though (may be because most of my girls have been 1) already shaved or 2) have little hair naturally), but I am not much of a carpet muncher. Lenoleum anytime! Can spend hours there...

- Jan
    --
    The believer is happy. The doubter is wise.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Yeah, Jan, if most Americans could raise their eyes enough to see how the rest of the world thinks, the old myth of the liberal media would die a deserved death fast. The American media is so conservative to the rest of the world as to be laughable to hear people muttering about 'liberals' everywhere. There is virtually no voice for liberals in the U.S., not in the real sense of the word.

• JanH
    JanH

Seeker, not to mention that here, "liberal" means rightist

- Jan
    --
    The believer is happy. The doubter is wise.

• Xena
    Xena

How in the world did the two of you manage to go from shaving legs to politics????

lol Seeker..sorry I got so uuumm CAPITAL LETTERS ON YOU just bugs the heck out of me when I feel like someone is telling me how and why I think a certain way....so if it is ok with you...you can like unshaven legs...and I will continue to stroke my silky hairless body...ok? well except for BOTH SIDES of my head which still have hair...despite the fact I heard of a trend to shave one side

• Seeker
    Seeker

Xena

just bugs the heck out of me when I feel like someone is telling me how and why I think a certain way.
    I understand, I'm the exact same way. We all like to feel we are in control of our actions, and it's disturbing when we realize how much of what we do is directly controlled by a) our childhood experiences; and b) propaganda designed to motivate us in certain ways.

Neither a) nor b) is perceived consciously unless we focus very hard and with great clarity.

And it bugs the hell out of us to have someone point this out. :)

• astroj
    astroj

quite simply... don't do it mindfield.

• cellomould
    cellomould

I have shaved my legs recently, mindfield. (In addition to other proximate areas which I need not discuss here )

Problem is, it equally sucks after you have shaved to either continue shaving (time consuming), or to stop shaving (itchy bristles).

Well, if you enjoy spending time alone, or even if you have a girlfriend to help you, I say what the heck go for it...

... or have you already?

To all women, quit complaining about shaving. You have a choice (I exercise my choice each time I shave my legs).

I recommend that all women should stop shaving if they so desire. If someone judges you, they have a very small mind. After all, hair grows there, doesn't it?

People act as if women shave to return to their 'natural state'! boo to that!

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I shaved my legs when I used to ride bikes a lot (including racing Mountain Bikes a bit back in the eighties when the sport was reaklly new in the UK).

It's nice, but unless I decide to cycle competitively again, I can't seem me doing it.

I think my body-hair diestribution is silly; takes a week of not shaving to get a patchy 'miami-vice' beardlet on my face, my back is hairless, I have about five chest hairs, I trim my pubes, and my legs are hairy. I look like a Cro-Magnon with Neandethal legs.

But my baby likes it, so I don't care...

Girls with thick leg hair are not something I am accustomed to, although I've been out with a few girls who don;t have to shave much due to very fine leg hair.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit