Has anyone ever heard this theory about God and Satan?

by serenitynow! 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Heaven
    Heaven

Satan is a construct of an unbalanced belief system. He was invented so that people didn't have to take responsibility for their own negative actions. If more people focused on the light and the good, we would not have the evil that is done in this world. It is those who focus on the dark that bring bad things forth.

Every one of us has a dark side as well as a light side. To give the dark side a proper name and to single it out means you are focusing on it and placing importance on it. Don't do this. What you focus on expands and becomes a much bigger part of your life and a part of this world. When you don't focus on it, it shrinks into the background and becomes insignificant.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Mysticism and religion has always used gods, demigods and spirits to represent the collective human psyche. Mythology is rampant with invisible beings who are either good, evil or not sure where they fit into the symbolic jigsaw of projected human emotions.

Jehovah and Jesus are newcomers and Jaheshua Mischajah is the very latest schizophrenic offering. Many more are yet to be invented. Satan is indeed intended to be representative of all that is negative and opposed to the positive plans of the Most High.

An honest appraisal of the Bible leads to the conclusion that the mythical Satan has done more to help humans enjoy their stay on earth than the big Daddy himself. He has a smaller ego, does not tell lies and does not delight in punishing or slaughtering humans.

These mythological charachters do appear to be one and the same, with one thing in common, the desire to rule the world. We could simplify things and project our collective psyche onto just one powerful being capable of both good and evil. A voice in the back of my head suggests that we name him, Caesar-Jaheshua-Mischajesus-Satanus.

• designs
    designs

You might be thinking of the Jewish concept of Good and Evil both being part of the way God works things out. Its called Yetzer Tob and Yetzer Ha-Rah, or where it says in the Bible 'I create light and dark, good and evil.'.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

I haven't heard that particular story, but it seems to go along with Greek mythology where Zeus and Hades are actually brothers (Zeus being THE god, and Hades, god of the underworld.)

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I agree this is a good book to read. I dont agree with the author on his outcome, but it is a good read.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Satan... was invented so that people didn't have to take responsibility for their own negative actions.

Interesting, dear Heaven (peace to you!), in light of the fact that Adham was absolutely held responsible for his negative action... Job did not blame Satan but simply (and wrongly) believed that if God "chose" to bring calamity on one, that was His right... and Christ did not act (or react) negatively to "Satan's" challenges but simply responded to them in a way that showed "whoever it was" that he wasn't all that weak (as the "one" challenging him apparently thought).

As for when "he" was "invented" for such purpose, may I ask, what year were you born? Because, personally, I never heard of anyone believing that they wouldn't be responsible for their negative actions because Satan was really to blame until... well, the 1970's. You know, when Flip Wilson's "the devil made me do it" became popular. My recollection is, before then, that while folks would very often claim to have been "tempted by the Devil," that they gave IN to such temptations was, in their minds and hearts... still on them.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Robert7
    Robert7

I had a similar thought... what if God is actually Satan (wolf in sheep's clothing) and Statan is God (misrepresented). This would be like in the movie Faceoff. So people are actually worshipping the wrong god, and are actually worshipping Satan...

I brought this up a number of years ago in a service car group, as I love to just brainstorm and come up with crazy ideas, and they did NOT like it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    But Tammy, do we then discount the rest of the bible? Is the god of the new testament different from the god of the OT? That's what I've never understood. Jesus does seem to be loving, but Jehovah, not so much.

You don't discount it but you realize, if you are a christian, that it leads to and points to and builds up to Chirst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit