Has anyone ever heard this theory about God and Satan?

by serenitynow! 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That they are the same. That Satan is the evil alter ego of God? That God has some sort of split personality. That would explain the mass killings of people while still saying that he is a god of love. My sister is trying to find the book she bought that dealt with the subject.

Has anyone else ever heard it? Could it be true? If I am to believe that their is a god, then god and satan being 2 personalities in one being would kinda make sense.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Doesn't sound any worse than the trinity now all three are 1.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Well, I guess they both need each other. Imagine god without the issue of rebellion to "teach" humankind. How could god have displayed his perverse sense of rightness by murdering babies etc in a "perfect"world?

Satan without god would be one in a multitude of faceless soulless spirit creatures performing mindless tasks for infinity.

Sounds like a kingdom hall

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://www.fastgm.com/travis/schizophrenia.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Outlaw, you're so crazy!!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I almost posted a thread with a similar thought, but I'm glad I noticed this first. I never heard about this theory, but a similar thought has been on my mind lately.

I was thinking, which was probably my first mistake, but I was thinking.........Satan took the position that Job only worshipped Jehovah because of the blessings in return. So Job held his integrity and proved Satan's to be wrong, at least in Job's case anyways. The argument can be made Satan lost the argument in Job's case, but if we're to believe the WT's view that only they and JWs will be granted salvation, then Satan has won the argument over Jehovah 10 times to 1.

Considering the above, and the theme of your thread, it appears that Satan and Jehovah have switched tactics, at least from my perspective as a born-in JW. I don't feel any pressure from Satan, or his so called system of things. I do feel tremendous pressure from God's so called chosen organization though. Satan hasn't killed anybody in my family, hasn't taken away my ability to make a living, hasn't taken away any joy I may have ever had, hasn't struck me with illness, and hasn't caused any of my so called friends to question my character. All of those things I mentioned, Satan is guilty of according to the Book of Job.

On the other hand, Jehovah's chosen organization holds my family over my head as the cost for leaving the WT, potentially killing my relationship with them. This organization has effectively killed any educational aspirations I've ever had limiting my ability to make a living as I see fit. This organization has went above in beyond in making me a miserable young man. This organization has given me physical problems as I come to grips with the real reasons that I'm dealing with depression, anxiety, and hypertension. This organization constantly questions my character everytime I ever get the feeling there's something wrong with this organization, or this way of life.

It really does appear like Satan and God have switched positions somewhere down the line and never bothered to tell us JWs about it. Maybe they are the same, and depending on what day it is, its a flip of the quarter which one you may be praying to.

• agonus
    agonus

Sounds a lot like Gnostic Dualism

• agonus
    agonus

You can't have serenity without agony ;)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You can't have serenity without agony ;)

Or Misery!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I believe that anything evil that is attributed to God is really Satan. God is love. If someone writes something evil, even in the Bible and says, "Hey God did this or said this." Then it's not God. With the evil attributed to God in the Bible, who needs a Satan?

Read Jehovah Unmasked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit