Fox News: Angels Saved Man From Raging Fire?

by whereami 20 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

Shelby WOW! That is amazing!

I have no words to describe how reading your post made me feel.

Peace to you and your family

• nelly136
    nelly136

i think its cool, especially the way they saved his trainers so he can remember them everytime he wants to tie his laces.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Whatever one thinks of the man's testimony, he certainly doesn't come over as crazy at all.

What's more, he has a incredible amount of peace and joy, especially when one considers what he has been through and is going through.

Personally, I have nothing but honour and respect for them both and their faith. May the angels come and minister to them some more.

Hebrews 1:14 (English Standard Version)

14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

Psalm 34:7 (English Standard Version)

7 The angel of the LORD encamps
    around those who fear him, and delivers them.

Psalm 91:11 (English Standard Version)

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways.

Daniel 3:28 (English Standard Version)

28 Nebuchadnezzar answered and said, "Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and delivered his servants, who trusted in him, and set aside the king’s command, and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

So who makes the decision to save someone, the Angel or Jesus. Why the cruel serendipity to save one person and let another burn. One person is ejected from a car and another is horribly mangled.

I was told at the funeral that Jesus needed the little child in Heaven, I just couldn't figure out why Jesus had to have her sweet little body mangled before he took her.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So who makes the decision to save someone, the Angel or Jesus.

If it is one who belongs to Christ, dear designs (peace to you!), or a child/loved one of such one, Christ himself makes that decision. I have not actually seen this occur (the "decision") but I can share a vision that helped me understand it:

It was the first time I actually saw spirit beings as they truly appear. I was standing looking out into a vast area. My Lord stood to my right. At first, my vision was cloudy... the view appeared to be in a fog. As it cleared, however, or as my vision began to focus (I could not tell which), I could see a gazillion of some kind of "being." They were all sizes (tiny to gigantic) and were even able to stand in the same space. They were "eating" something; unlike with us, however, where what we eat passes through us, their "food" was absorbed by their bodies and made them "stronger"... in body and... well, spirit. They were engaged in some kind of loving "ministering" to one another. And they were hideous. My Lord took my hand as we "stepped in" to the scene.

They all immediately came and began "ministering" to me. The ONLY "thing" I felt... was love. No judgment, no criticism, no "review" of me, at all. Just a willingness to "do" for me. Kindly, gently, lovingly. Unfortunately, something very "ugly" happened just then. Me. As I looked at them and their appearance, I thought something like, "Oh, my God, what ugly things!" or something like that. Immediately, they all, like, gasped... and instantly moved away from me. Because I... due to MY thinking... was the "ugly" one... had brought "ugliness" into the scene. They had nothing but love for me, and I had negative criticism for them.

At that moment I felt what was probably THE most "unclean" I have ever felt in my life. Here were these beings, odd in appearance but absolutely BEAUTIFUL in spirit... trying to do good to me... and I had thought a terrible thing about them. I immediately felt a regret that I don't believe I'd ever felt before or have since. I was truly sorry because my very stupid thought had all but wrecked a very beautiful occurrence. And what was next was sublime: no sooner than I felt regret than they immediately returned and began ministering to me again! As if nothing had ever happened and I wasn't the mean, unclean thing I was when I let my thoughts judge them. They forgave me, instantly, and just continued what they were doing before.

But here's what I want to share: while they were ministering to me this second time I heard a voice (it was not in a language I understood) and five of these beings immediately whisked away. They... well... went "somewhere." I did not know where until they returned (which was just a few seconds later). My Lord told me that they had been sent "into the earth" to do some task. I do not know where each of these went, what they did wherever they went, or whether they went separately or as a group. All I know is that a command was given, they went, they immediately returned, and that it was "into the earth." I understood at that time that angels DO come into the physical realm, all the time, for some purpose. In my son's case, there were four of them, three who came together.

Why the cruel serendipity to save one person and let another burn. One person is ejected from a car and another is horribly mangled.

When I asked my Lord, his response was that it is to Israel and those who go with that he sends his angels. When I asked, "Yes, Lord, but how can it be that one brother is "Israel" and the other is not?" His reply was that I should "remember Cain and Esau." I realize that that might not make any difference to you, dear one, and others who have lost loved ones (I have lost a mother and father), but I understand it.

I was told at the funeral that Jesus needed the little child in Heaven

You were lied to. My Lord doesn't "benefit" from the death of ANYONE. He is the LIFE. Death (and Satan) is the only one who benefits from death. Since Death is God's "last enemy" and Death's agent, Satan, is our Adversary, how would a little one's death, indeed anyone's death, be of benefit to Christ? Whom did he put to death when he walked in the flesh? To the contrary, didn't he give life to some?

I just couldn't figure out why Jesus had to have her sweet little body mangled before he took her.

Perhaps you should have taken your consternation a step further... and reasoned as to why he would "take" her, at all. In that case, you might have allowed yourself to conclude correctly: that he didn't. And if your next question is to ask why didn't he save her, the only thing I can tell you is what my Lord told me: HIS angels are sent to save Israel... and those who go with them.

I am sorry for your very bad experience, dear designs, and the loved ones of that child... regardless of whether the story is true as to you. It is common enough so it really doesn't matter.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Oh boy.

• designs
    designs

And you don't see anything remotely odd about this Serendipitous God. The thing about religious people is that they always have to make an excuse for the behavior of their Gods. One has to belong to X in order to receive some blessing or protection, and if a person belongs to X, as in the case of this little girl who went to Church with her mommy and daddy and they get horribly maimed and killed then somehow X wasn't really working as it should or there was a lack of 'Faith', or some excuse comes into play. What was the one Fundamentalist poster who said 'the momentary pain of death is nothing in comparison to the everlasting joy of being in God's presence'.

I've had religious people tell me that Stephen Hawkings illness was brought on by God because he was to close to revealing the real answers to the universe.

Maybe, just maybe, the whole formula that this operates on needs a fresh look. Do you think.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    And you don't see anything remotely odd about this Serendipitous God.

No, not really, dear designs (again, peace to you!)... given God's covenant and whom with (i.e., not everyone, unfortunately).

The thing about religious people is that they always have to make an excuse for the behavior of their Gods.

I certainly didn't. As I stated to you, it was not the behavior of my God (or His Christ) at all... although they usually are the ones blamed...

One has to belong to X in order to receive some blessing or protection

X being the New Covenant... or, in some instances, Israel by means of Abraham's blood... yes. But isn't that what the Most Holy of ISRAEL promised? Now, as for any other gods... folks really should start taking up their issues with them. You know, Baal, Buddha, Allah, Vishnu, etc. Why isn't anyone blaming them for what happens to their people??

and if a person belongs to X, as in the case of this little girl who went to Church with her mommy and daddy and they get horribly maimed and killed then somehow X wasn't really working as it should or there was a lack of 'Faith', or some excuse comes into play.

Most probably, a lack of faith in the GOD of X... because they don't KNOW Him. Surely, you don't believe that just because someone claims to believe in God... or goes to "church"... means they DO believe... or are in His Covenant? My goodness, the JWs alone should be enough proof to you that that is not the case at all...

What was the one Fundamentalist poster who said 'the momentary pain of death is nothing in comparison to the everlasting joy of being in God's presence'.

Well, I'm not a fundamentalist... and the pain of death can be much longer than "momentary." My mother died of pancreatic cancer. A year and a half of "dying"... and all very painful. Although Paul referred to Death's "sting"... because death is temporary for those in the Covenant... he did not mean to say it didn't hurt. The flesh does not want to die... and so resists... and even fights... for some until the very end. If death was NOT painful... for those who undergo it... and certainly those who lose loved ones TO it... my Lord wouldn't have given HIS life... to end it.

I've had religious people tell me that Stephen Hawkings illness was brought on by God because he was to close to revealing the real answers to the universe.

They're ignorant. And of the same ilk that said AIDS was "God's punishment" for homosexuality. Seriously? First, God does not punish us. We either reap what we ourselves sow... or the consequences, sometimes long-term... of what others sowed. Death is the result of what Adham sowed: with a view to HIS flesh, to the detriment of all of his progeny.

Maybe, just maybe, the whole formula that this operates on needs a fresh look. Do you think.

I absolutely do! I think (1) those who don't know God/Christ should stop blaming them; (2) those who claim to know them (and especially those who "read" their Bible and so should know BETTER)... should stop attributing such things to them... because they are lies; and (3) folks really should allow themselves to consider another possibility... that there ARE those who wants ALL of the sons of men dead, not just Israel... and not just the ones they've killed thus far.

But I can only hope folks will so condescend and TAKE this "fresh look." My gut feeling, however, is that they won't. People like to blame God... just much as they like to be lied to and misled. It's just... easier.

I bid you peace, dear designs, and perhaps ears to hear when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... FREE!"

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Personally, I find it rather pompous. The notion that "god" saves me, but not you or your innocent child. Yes indeed god is watching over me, sorry 'bout you.

• Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit