Fox News: Angels Saved Man From Raging Fire?

by whereami 20 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Some good laughs on black friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X88C_GMXI6I

• Violia
    Violia

What is wrong with letting this man speak about how he feels? Should we censor him and not allow him to have feelings? You may not believe angels help others but many persons do. Do your feelings trump everyone's? Can't people believe what they want?

• whereami
    whereami

Can't people believe what they want?

They most certainly can!!!! Who's censoring the man? He got his 15 min of fame on Faux News. Seems like you're having a hard time letting go of that JW persecution complex. No?

Just because he "feels" it happened doesn't mean it did. I or anyone else shouldn't be censored for saying what we feel is what appears to be a poor guy that under the circumstances had some serious hallucinations under this terifying ordeal.

How's that, better?

• Violia
    Violia

People feel all kinds of things. News channels interview everyone. People say all kinds of crazy stuff on TV. Since you wern't there, how do you know angels did not help him?

Anyway, it is a better story than one about an ax murder. I'm always happy to hear a sweet story.

• whereami
    whereami

So are you admitting what he said was "crazy stuff on TV"? I happen to agree with you then.

You see that's the problem. Pleople prefer to listen to delusions so they can "feel" better rather then eccepting reality (truth).

• AGuest
    AGuest

I believe in angels, absolutely (may you all have peace!). There have been many events (including those I have seen when "in [the] spirit", but the most memorable is this:

When my son (who is now 28) was 10 years old he took sick. Very sick. Six visits to the ER over 2 weeks (for "extremely" high" fever) before he was admitted with a "mysterious" illness. He ultimately presented with persistent high fever (104+), extreme fatigue, no appetite, and toward the "end"... no vision (the fever was causing his vision to so blur that he couldn't even see his best friend standing a foot away from his hospital bed). After both an upper and lower GI series, an ultrasound, MRI, and, ultimately, an abdominal CT scan all revealed a significant "mass" in his abdominal cavity we were told that it appeared to be "significant abdominal cancer." An abcess was ruled out because "when [they] turned his body, there [was] no 'flow' (which would have occurred if the "mass" was pus and so indicative of massive infection). A Wilm's tumor was ruled out because [they] "could not 'feel' the 'mass' (which apparently is common with such illness)". The diagnosis: an abdomen "full" of cancer (the "mass" was 8 inches long by 4 inches wide and approximately 1-1/2 inches "thick"). I was informed at 11:10pm after being taken into a "padded" room where I was told that I "could cry, even throw things"... if I "needed" to. I didn't need to. I didn't know how I knew, at the time, but a "voice" inside me said to "be calm, it [is] NOT cancer." So, I told the doctor that I believed it was not cancer. And I was absolutely certain that it wasn't.

We were JWs so, of course, the issue of "blood" came up. Given what we had gone through I should have been ready, but really wasn't, for what came next. The doctor asked me, "Okay, so what's this going to take? What hoops am I going to have to jump through here?" I remember it as if he said it 10 minutes ago. I also remember not immediately understanding what he meant and then getting it (duh!) and responding, "Oh, you mean as to the blood issue." He responded yes, that is what he meant, and said that... because they needed to operate within the next 24 hours and while cancer alone was a pretty bloody procedure abdominal cancer was even more so... "What am I going to have to do to get this done? He then said something about how serious my son's illness was. I asked him, "Are you asking me if I will approve blood for the surgery?" to which he replied, "Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking." He then explained that he may not need to use blood, but given the nature of the surgery there was no way he would do it without blood on standby in the operating room. I said, "I am sorry, but I can't let you do that." He said, "Yes, that's what I thought, so I've already put in for a court order."

The CT scan had been done around 6am that morning - he came to tell me what they thought at 11pm - so, now I knew what took him so long!

He said, "A judge will decide tonight. Your son will be in state custody by morning, so we have scheduled his operation for 10 o'clock."

Oh, sh*t. How did I get here in my life... deciding on my son's fate like this???

Don't get me wrong: I didn't have a problem with allowing my son to receive blood. He was my baby; I would do ANYTHING for him. Even make a deal with the Devil, if that's what it took. However, HE (my son) had a problem with it. He had actually gone through the baptism questions and had planned to be baptized at the next Circuit Assembly. So, his choice was on my mind; not mine. I did, however, have a problem with "stumbling" the people in our congregation. And yes, of course, they would have found out: representatives from the "Blood Committee" were in my son's room from sun up to sun down, almost from the moment he was admitted. I wasn't willing to force him to go against his conscience but I knew I could talk him into changing his mind. Problem was that I wasn't willing to stumble a congregation of about 140. I truly believed (and still do) in the resurrection and so knew... that while I might be in great pain for the rest of my life, (1) my son would have a clean conscience (if he lived)... and, more important to me, (2) none would be stumbled. So, I couldn't give my approval. I couldn't.

Praise JAH, I didn't have to.

I said a silent prayer to "Jehovah" and told Him that if I needed to give up my son so as not to stumble the others, I would do it. I told Him that I didn't WANT to do it, but that I would, if that's what I needed to do. I then told the surgeon that I wanted a second opinion and would be taking my son to another hospital to get it. He was not only upset, however, but was pretty sure of himself about the matter and so told me that (1) my son wasn't well enough to travel, and (2) we were past the point of second opinions at this point and his court order would be granted.

My son's primary physician, however, hadn't given the "okay" yet and after consulting with the secondary physician (to whom I am forever grateful) decided to wash her hands of the matter. The next morning they informed our insurance that we were being "uncooperative" and then posted a huge "AMA" ("against medical advice") in black marker on my son's chart. The nurses then disconnected all tubes and IVs, except for the basic Ringer's... closed the curtain around his bed... and shut the door. I didn't know what to do or where to go. But I knew he didn't have cancer.

So, I called the insurance company (HealthNet, who I LOVE) and told them that I wanted to get a second opinion. I was told by the representative, however, that since I was going against the advice of my son's primary provider they were not obligated to pay for any additional or subsequent treatment or care that he received and anything from that point on would be my financial responsibility. HUGE gulp.

Around 11am, however, I received a call from a "representative" at HealthNet who told me not to worry about a thing, that arrangements were being made to transfer my son to a hospital in southern California. "She" gave me her name (Jeanette Sullivan) and said she would get back with me as soon as everything was arranged. I never heard from "her" again until just before 3pm, when she called me and said "everything [had] been arranged."

I didn't know what she meant, however, until around 3pm (so, you can imagine how long the day was, what with my son getting sicker and doctors arguing over what to do about it out in the hallway!) I heard a commotion in the hallway outside my son's room (different from the previous arguing over his situation). I stepped out to see what was going on. I looked to my right and here was the surgeon was coming toward me, with papers in his hand. I looked toward the left, however, and I heard someone asking for "the Johnson child". My son. After a moment I saw two men in "flight" suits coming toward me. No one... NO ONE (the nurses had been given "orders" not to get involved) would tell them where my son was, so they were asking at each door. I spoke up and said "He's here!" Those men arrived at my son's door... at the same time as the surgeon arrived with the signed court order allowing the hospital to take custody of my son... on behalf of the state [of California].

Oh, sh*t. Now, what??

Now... nothing. Well, something, actually. The men in the flight suits identified themselves as "flight nurses" who had been hired to transport my son to a hospital in southern California! They said they had an airplane waiting at a local airport less than 10 minutes away and would have him in southern California within an hour. They said that there would be a "pediatric emergency team" waiting at John Wayne Airport (in Orange, California) to transport my son to the hospital there... where a team of pediatric surgeons would be waiting to do his "cancer" surgery... "without blood."

Oh... my... God.

But... the surgeon wasn't giving up that easily. This was HIS surgery, after all. Praise JAH, my son's secondary pediatric doctor talked to the primary pediatric doctor... who talked him down. And so, he [very] reluctantly let us go. Even though he had a court order that he COULD have used to make us stay. MY only thought was that my son would receive his emergency surgery... but I wouldn't have to choose between what I wanted (him to live), his conscience... and stumbling others. He could have his surgery WITHOUT blood... and all would be well. Again... oh... my... God.

Eventually, the surgeon was convinced to let us go and go we did. I rode with my son in a twin engine "air ambulance" (THE greatest flight I have ever taken - a crystal clear day, not a cloud in the sky or a single bump of turbulence! I was in the co-pilot seat, with my son stretched out in the fuselage)... from Sacramento to Orange. There, a "pediatric specialty ambulance" met us and transported us to the Santa Monica Hospital Medical Center in Orange, California (to whom I am forever grateful!) where we were met... literally at the door... by a pediatric specialty surgical team.

What took place after that, after arriving in southern California and the hospital there is another thread. But... my son did NOT have cancer at all. Not even close! But I don't want to go into that right now. What I DO want to say is this:

I sincerely wanted to thank the insurance "representative" and the "flight nurses/pilot" for their help and assistance. However, when I called HealthNet to find out where to send flowers and a "thank you" card to I was told that "NO ONE BY THE NAME OF JEANETTER SULLIVAN WORKED THERE!" And when I tried to find out where to send flowers and a thank card to "Tom Anderson" (one flight nurse), "Rob Tompkins" (the other flight nurse) and "Phil" (the pilot) of "American Air Ambulance Service" (out of Redding, California?), I was told that no men by those names worked for that company! And trust me, I didn't try once... or twice. I tried MANY times, and kept telling the representatives that these HAD to work for them. I even gave the date and times of my son's ordeals... and both companies (HealthNet and AAA) said they had NO RECORD of an air flight (HealthNet acknowledged the time at SMMCH).

So, you would think, okay, what about the BILL - surely the BILL will show who, what, when, where, etc., right? Uh-uh. Apparently, Santa Monica Medical Center Hospital had a CONTRACT with HealthNet... and so MY bill (which exceeded $300k but for which we only paid a $500 deductible!!) ONLY showed what occurred at SMMCH. I never saw or received ANYTHING as to what occurred before we arrived there. The first hospital stuff (UC Davis, California) was not billed at all (because they were our primary provider)... and SMMCH handled the air ambulance arrangements themselves, versus putting any record of it on our bill. And so, what occurred between my son's time at UC Davis Medical Center... and his arrival at Santa Monica Medical Center Hospital... including the specialty ambulance from John Wayne Airport... is undocumented. At least, as far as I was able to obtain.

And so, sure, some might believe that there is another "explanation" for who these people were/are and why I couldn't locate them, even after several efforts. But I am not concerned about that: I know who they were... and I don't need others to believe me.

I absolutely believe in angels. And if that makes me... well, an idiotic child (as to my thinking) in others' opinion... so be it: I am absolutely a child. An idiot. A truly foolish one. And I have absolutely NO problem admitting that.

I bid you all peace.

A "childlike" slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

Shelby, that is an amazing story!

Tammy

• Lore
    Lore
    What is wrong with letting this man speak about how he feels? Should we censor him and not allow him to have feelings?

Heck no!

It's more fun to openly mock his mental condition!

Seriouly though choosing not to report on it does not equal censorship.

It would not be censorship if fox news realized they had nothing worthwhile here and played a video of a cute kitten instead. That would be ideal.

It WOULD be censorship if fox news tried to report on it and the government told them they weren't allowed. Which I don't believe anyone is advocating.

Can't people believe what they want?

Yup, they're free to believe whatever they want. Just like I'm free to point and lawl.

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

I’ll admit that I have to be open to the possibility that angels saved him. But, there is also the possibility that it might have been magical invisible elves who carried him to safety. Don’t be so skeptical and arrogantly rule out the possibility of invisible elves. You certainly can’t prove that it wasn’t magical invisible elves who were the ones who came to the rescue.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

WOW Shelby what a story........ gave me the shivers.

Peace to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit