Question for Bethelites/ former Bethelites

by factfinder 11 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

Did any of you former or current bethelites work at the 117 Adams street complex? Were you proud of the expansive size of the facility and the huge amount of literature produced there? were announcements made to you regarding production statistics and what you had accomplished there each year? Did the wt provide you with any reports on the work done there? I always enjoyed touring the factory complex and was impressed by it's size and output. I remember being told that just one day's production of books if stacked would reach 4 times the height of the empire state building! It was at one time the largest bookplant in NY and the third largest printery in the world! Did this matter to you or was it just a job at bethel?

What depts are there now? My last visit was in 2003- prior to the switch of all printing/binding operations in 2004 and it does not look like I will be visiting there now. I used to have several friends at Bethel including some who worked at the Adams st factory. Were any of you brothers interested in the production statistics? Thanks!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Bttt

• wasblind
    wasblind

FactFinder, I don't mean no harm, but I'm LMBAO at ya, it's been 23 hours and 218 hits and you have had no takers ?

Lets see maybe it's because your a newbie who asked "Did any of you former or current bethelites work at the 117 Adams street complex? "

and then you asked "What depts are there now? "

I'm still laughin,' BTW I'm new here myself . Still laughin' can't stop

Maybe somebody will step up, won't promise you nothin', cause I don't want it veiwed as a prophecy

• pirata
    pirata

wasblind, have you been drinking?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I"m not a drinker Pirata, Do I sound like I have lost it?

• pirata
    pirata

Ha ha, you did!

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm sorry, It's just when people start askin' all kinds of questions it makes me suspicious

FactFinder may not have meant any harm, but I was laughin' at the fact he bumped the thread

and it's still dead except for me and you

maybe it could be because the ones who worked there have not ran across this thread yet.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@wasblind-I've read posts by former Bethelites on this board , so yes, I was hoping a few of them would respond to my questions. Perhaps they have not come across this yet? But, yes, I am new here. I asked what depts are at Adams st now because some active JWs seem to be on this board and some former bethelites may know what depts are housed there now. I was hoping for some information.

Why you think that is funny I don't know. Also you state that you get suspicious when people start asking all kinds of questions. That's strange. You say I don't mean any harm? Why would anyone think I mean any harm for asking questions about Bethel? Especially when there are people on this board who claim to be former bethelites? Or is my JW brother right when he tells me that people on these forums lie about being former/active witnesses, elders, bethelites etc?

I no longer go to meetings or consider myself a witness and I know that the WTs is not God's organization, but I have been collecting information on the major printing companies for over 20 years and still have some interest in the society's printing operations-they are still one of the 10 largest printing companies in the world, in the top 5 probably.

If any real former bethelites are on this board I hope they will share their thoughts about what I asked with me. If someone wants to question my motives in asking such questions that is their problem. I can assure you that if I was still a witness there is no way I would be visiting this forum!

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Why would anyone lie about being a witness or former witness?

Of the former Bethelites on this forum that I'm aware of, most left a long time ago. So I'm not sure that they would have the information you want. Honestly, I don't even know when the Adams St building was completed. I never paid much attention to the printing stuff. Last time we visited up there, I was 14.

• wasblind
    wasblind

FactFinder please forgive me if I have offened you,

there have been some in the past that was said to be tryin'

to feel posters out and report them. And when I looked at

the post I came to the conclusion that maybe posters

did not want to confirm that much at this time. And yes I thought it

was funny. again I am sorry if it appeared that I was laughin at you, I do not consider you a joke at all

I was going to PM you, but scince I offended you online I thought apologizing online would be the right

thing to do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit