The CO just called :S

by ele_lux 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

Aaaaggghhhh!!! It's the CO's visit this week at "my" hall. I've been dreading this week and now the nightmare is starting to unfold :S The CO just called wanting to know how i'm doing. My parents, who are in the same hall as me (i haven't been attending for a little over a month now) tell me how much the elders worry about me and how much the brothers miss me, but nobody has really tried to contact me in person. But you know CO's.... they're a different story....

So even though I asured him I'm doing well and the psychiatrist says I'm doing a lot better, he said he wants to meet with the family and see how he can help us stay strong and work on setting spiritual goals. I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HIM!!!! The biggest problem is they are really nice people and we've always had a good relationship. He gave my dad study and is still giving him study I think even though my dad is baptized, but I think he didn't finish the God's love book or something.... So I don't wanna be rude, but I definitely DON'T wanna talk about my feelings with him because I feel that it will lead to sumething ugly. I'm not ready to DA or be DF'd....

Any ideas on how i can avoid this "shepherding" hell?!?

- Lucy

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Funny how everybody, "misses you", but no one can seem to pick up the phone to see how you're doing....

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

that screams FAKE LOVE doesn't it????? it's depressing really.....

• sherah
    sherah

Don't answer the door or phone until Monday.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Yes, fake as fake gets. Got an idea for you though....put up some Christmas lights. That will keep the CO away. LOL...

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    tell me how much the elders worry about me and how much the brothers miss me, but nobody has really tried to contact me in person.

Same here, I hear so much how people miss me and I have heard of one sister who cried because I haven't been going to the meetings. But has she or the others even called, txt, emailed etc...? NO!

Fake love, and crocodile tears!!!

Just simply refuse, I did, the elders called me a few times and I simply kept saying: "Thank you so much for calling, it's nice to hear that you care but I am doing extremely well and have no need for help as their is nothing to help me with. Thank you but no thanks"

It worked well.

I wish you all the best ele_lux

3Mozzies

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HIM!!!!

Then don't. Tell your parents and elders beforehand that you'd appreciate being left alone this CO visit.

-Sab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Come down with a really nasty 4 day bug. Declare that you've been quarantined and everyone should stay away.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

So I don't wanna be rude, but I definitely DON'T wanna talk about my feelings with him because I feel that it will lead to sumething ugly. I'm not ready to DA or be DF'd....

"Thanks so much for your interest and for checking on me. I've checked my schedule and it turns out that I really don't have time free to meet with you or do another phone conversation during your visit. If I have interest in meeting in the future, I will let you know."

A fun trick is to call him and leave him that message during a meeting. That way, you know for a fact that he won't answer, and you can just leave the kiss-off on his phone. It also lets you say "Don't call me, I'll call you" in a less confrontational way.

Also, if he asks you about your psychological issues again, you can say something to the effect of, "You know, I'm working with a really great psychiatrist right now, and I feel like I'm getting all the help I need, but thanks for your concern!" He's not a health professional; don't inflate his ego by letting him think he is.

• ssn587
    ssn587

For sure they don't know anythin about medical issues, they aren't psychologist, therapist, or anything of the sort. there idea of therapy is to go to more meeting, pray more to a mythological being, and read the error ridden bible. That isn't going to help, but that is their standard answer for anything that ails you. Cancer all of the above, Needing a major operation, all of the above. Feeling suicidal, meeting, prayer, reading. They haven't a clue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit