North Korea just attacked South Korea, wonder where this will head........

by miseryloveselders 46 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

It's the one you don't see coming until it is too late, that does you in-

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Ben Fulford said that this will occur, he said this 4 months ago.

• Roski
    Roski

North Korea will do what China allows it to do. Albert is corrrect.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The only certainty about this is it wont lead to Har- Magedon

smiddy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

U.S. to Send Carrier for Joint Exercises Off Korea

President Obama and South Korea ’s president agreed Tuesday night to hold joint military exercises as a first response to North Korea ’s deadly shelling of a South Korean military installation, as both countries struggled for the second time this year to keep a North Korean provocation from escalating into war.

The exercise will include sending the aircraft carrier George Washington and a number of accompanying ships into the region, both to deter further attacks by the North and to signal to China that unless it reins in its unruly ally it will see an even larger American presence in the vicinity.

The decision came after Mr. Obama attended the end of an emergency session in the White House Situation Room and then emerged to call President Lee Myung-bak of South Korea to express American solidarity and talk about a coordinated response.

But as a former national security official who dealt frequently with North Korea in the Bush administration, Victor Cha, said just a few hours before the attack began, North Korea is “the land of lousy options.”

Mr. Obama is once again forced to choose among unpalatable choices: responding with verbal condemnations and a modest tightening of sanctions, which has done little to halt new attacks; starting military exercises that are largely symbolic; or reacting strongly, which could risk a broad war in which South Korea’s capital, Seoul, would be the first target.

The decision to send the aircraft carrier came as the South Korean military went into what it termed “crisis status.” President Lee said he would order strikes on a North Korean base if there were indications of new attacks.

. . .

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/25/world/asia/25korea.html?_r=1&hp

• designs
    designs

Back in the early 90s I met a Marine Captain who was part of the War Planning committee for North Korea should the US ever goes to war with them again. I'm sure it has been updated many times since then. Communism always ends up in Dictatorships and in this case they want the prosperity of South Korea.

Seems the price to stay free is deaths of citizens every year.

• AGuest
    AGuest

What I don't get and someone correct me if I'm wrong (may you all have peace!) is where in the world are "we" going to get the $$$$ and troops to wage yet another war? I mean, I get it: your friends are being attacked, you should step up. I'm just wondering... HOW? People are screaming about the $$$$ the current administration is supposedly spending now. And the cost - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - plus, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) of the previous/current two wars. I'm not usually this dull-brained about a matter, but can someone explain the economics to me? Also, maybe, how "we" can put any "pressure" on China??? I mean, couldn't they just say something like, "Ummmm, you all need to go sit down before we sell you to Iraq," or something? I watch this stuff and read about it... and shake my head trying to figure out the win-win. Heck, the win-lose. All I see is lose-lose... and lose more. Wouldn't a greater U.S. presence in the Pacific require a lesser presence in, say, the Middle East... and particularly Yemen and that neck of the woods?

SA, on her own, trying to understand the posturings of earthling man...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit